- Added: logging of location, IP address and ISP in automated speed tests.
- Added: Speed Meter data export to HTML, CSV and text files.
- Improved: Speed Meter reliability and compatibility with the latest Windows Server.
- Improved: inclusion of Speed Meter's own data usage into reports in 'Ignore LAN traffic' mode.
- Improved: displaying of downtime and uptime duration in Connection Monitor.
- Fixed: Connection Monitor locking up when Internet connection drops out.
- Fixed occasional speed meter errors in IPv6-enabled configurations.
- Reduced CPU usage when Ignore local traffic in the LAN was on.
- Added official Windows Server 2019 support.
- Added a new hidden setting to activate transparent graph background.
- Updated network drivers used for filtering out local traffic (fixes a few issues with third party products).
- Fixed automatic check for updates that could run too frequently.
- Fixed an issue with graph position which was ocasionally not saved.
- Updated frameless graph implementation to make it resizeable.
- Updated included components: SQLite, OpenSSL and geo-IP database.
- All graphics and icons are now vector images and scale to any DPI on high-resolution displays.
- Added system tray notifications for connection monitor detections.
- Improved and uniformed menus for single and double-click actions.
- Updated and Microsoft-signed LAN traffic filtering drivers.
- Added the OpenSSL library for sending secure e-mails with NetWorx.
- Updated the LAN filtering drivers and WFP was made the default option.
- Fixed not saving scheduled speed test settings upon restart on Windows 10.
- Fixed a scheduled speed tests issue where a test did not complete in time.
- Added docking of the graph to top or bottom of desktop in a reserved space.
- Added a setting to specify sender e-mail address for outgoing e-mails.
- Added scheduled speed testing to measure connection's speed regularly.
- Added history of measurements to the Speed Meter and an easy to read chart.
- Showing vertical axis at the beginning of the graph rather than the end of it.
- Fixed saving graph visibility on Windows 10+
- Fixed a memory leak when looking up geo-IP info in Netstat.
- Fixed incorrect usage on the graph after waking up from sleep.
- Added a hidden setting for tray graph activity threshold.
- Added treating zero allowance under Quota as Unlimited.
- Added saving bar chart height in per day, week, month and custom reports.
- Added new graph type: average columns calculated over 5 seconds by default.
- More accurate readings when using the Ignore LAN traffic mode.
- Added a notification when report fails to run or sending email notification fails.
- Added country flags from IP addresses in ping, trace route, netstat and web-site report.
- Added environment variable support in CSV graph data file and custom database location.
- Added writing to the Windows event log when connection goes off-line and back on-line.
- Added high-resolution icons sized 64x64, 128x128 and 256x256 for high DPI screens.
- Added ignoring LAN traffic in kernel when using NetFilter for faster LAN transfers.
- Added text format in the automatic reports and a button to select target file.
- Added per web-site report to track what Internet hosts used most data.
- Fixed a painting issue with icons in Netstat and per application report.
- Fixed a crash in per application report on certain 64-bit systems.
- NetWorx is now commercial software. To facilitate its further development, we introduced a licence fee.
- Added remembering height and width of the usage window.
- Added attaching usage report when sending e-mail quota notifications.
- Fixed several memory leaks in connection monitor and NetStat.
- Fixed a few issues with high DPI systems.
- Fixed showing messages about blocked Internet repeatedly.
- Apps in automatic reports are sorted by usage rather than name.
- Added graph time stamps displayed when minute ticks are enabled.
- Portable versions are restricted to one instance from one location.
- Minor UI enhancements, updated traffic filtering drivers and DB engine.
- Added Reset Session command to reset the numbers recorded since boot.
- Added drawing the graph's background bitmap in the desk band graph as well.
- Fixed an uninstallation issue on Windows 10 where the driver was not removed.
- Fixed a few minor UI issues when exploring past graph readings with arrow keys.
- Added a workaround for picking-up UPnP devices whose UDN changes after a reboot.
- Added per-application output in automatic HTML reports when Ignore LAN traffic is on.
- Added showing average and maximum speeds together in the Speed Meter.
- Added a hidden setting to write graph data to a CSV file for further analysis.
- Fixed converting per application usage records from older databases.
- Fixed doubling entries stored as a list when a backup was restored.
- Fixed updating the options UI dialog when a backup was restored.
- Added new Speed Meter with active connection throughput testing.
- Fixed an error in UPnP router detection when malformed XML was received.
- Fixed polling some routers whose UPnP module didn't support HTTP/1.0.
- Fixed flicker when Session Usage Summary was shown on the graph.
- Fixed recording apps usage during the hours marked as Unmetered.
- Added graph smoothing with a moving average for a prettier graph.
- Added a custom UPnP implementation that supports more routers.
- Fixed an error message shown when Windows ran out of TEMP space.
- Fixed sending sync broadcasts on PCs with more than one network card.
- Fixed a few issues with exporting reports to a file from Usage Reports.
- Updated SNMP implementation to minimise the number of requests.
- Updated third-party TDI and WFP drivers to the latest version.
- Added filter by date in Applications report and showing application names rather than paths.
- Changed usage backup from XML to SQLite DB file and it now also includes program settings.
- Changed the Netstat tool to a connection tree to enable real-time application monitoring.
- Fixed monitoring apps that were monitored even if the selected network was unavailable.
- Fixed a memory leak in connection tracking when the Ignore LAN option was used.
- Fixed closing CSV and HTML files that stayed open when exporting a report.
- Updated LAN traffic filtering drivers with latest compatibility fixes.
- Added rounding to good-looking values in the usage report barchart.
- Added hidden settings to show/hide dial-up and on/off-peak features.
- Added a warning if DB is not writable or can't be created on disk.
- Added dialog to allow to reset to a set value other than zero.
- Minor bug fixes and improved Windows 10 compatibility.
- Added Y-axis labels rounding to good-looking values on the graph, e.g. 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K.
- Added logarithmic scale on the graph to enable showing very small and very large values together.
- Added a monthly total in daily auto reports and HTML reports are sent inline, not as attachment.
- Added SNMPv3 support for monitoring the router (see the hidden settings).
- Fixed text overlapping in the bar chart and use the thousand separator by default.
- Fixed initialisation of the UPnP router monitoring if it wasn't ready on startup.
- Added automatic reports saved to a file or sent by e-mail.
- Added a hidden setting for virtual adapters monitoring ignored by default.
- Fixed firing off-peak notifications as they were sometimes not processed.
- Fixed graph disappearance when clicking the desktop in Hide Graph on Full Screen.
- Added Properties and Open File Location menu options in the application view.
- Added experimental workaround for routers with incorrect UPnP implementation.
- Added getting process name from the kernel for reliable application names reporting.
- Updated languages, filter drivers, done numerous minor fixes and improvements.
- Added graph line width setting in the hidden settings.
- Fixed black rectangle artefacts in the application view.
- Fixed the drop-down interface boxes in router setup.
- Fixed the re-opening WinPCap when there is a capture issue.
- Fixed the monitoring of all virtual network adapters.
- Fixed disabling Teredo where it was unnecessary for the TDI driver.
- Fixed quota settings they are now protected too when a password is set.
- Fixed quota and usage computations when a custom Time Zone Offset was used.
- Added connection monitor Timeout and Retries variables to the hidden settings.
- Added showing hints for hotkeys where long hotkey combinations did not fit.
- Added computer name in subject and body of e-mails for easier identification.
- Added a hidden setting to disable TCP/UDP tracking in the Ignore LAN mode.
- Added Mobile Broadband support for monitoring as all available connections.
- Added showing units on the graph (configurable in the hidden settings).
- Added email notifications for short-term conditions.
- Fixed crashing if UPnP was not ready at startup.
- Added application usage data in netstat showing each process actvity.
- Added view scroll bar and a way to reset the connection uptime log.
- Added e-mail notifications and blocking Internet access in the quota.
- Added Windows high DPI awareness for high-resolution displays.
- Fixed doubling dial-up sessions and applications when two users were logged on.
- Added driver hash sum verification upon installation to avoid unnecessary reboots.
- Fixed dynamic bars to be relative to a maximum in the last 5 secs rather than session.
- Added displaying dial-up volume in the At a Glance report in addition to its duration.
- Added environment variable NOTIFY when launching a program in the notifications.
- Added UPnP router monitoring for routers that do not support SNMP (experimental).
- Added showing usage in terabytes for large numbers over 1000 GB.
- Added SNMPv1 and SNMPv2 support for router monitoring via SNMP.
- Fixed an issue with garbled or incorrect application names recorded.
- Allowed users to choose which implementation of driver to install (WFP/TDI).
- Added automatic firewall rule creation/removal for usage synchronisation.
- Updated LAN traffic filtering drivers and improved Windows 8.1 compatibility.
- Added a hidden setting to suppress the graph on full-screen apps.
- Added highlighting changed hidden options in bold.
- Added totals to the dial-up log and a session filter.
- Added sorting by application in the application view.
- Added a more stable version of the WFP driver for LAN traffic filtering.
- Fixed showing popup menu on the graph on left-positioned secondary display.
- More reliable uninstallation process to ensure no orphan files are left.
- Added a workaround to obtain application names that were previously recorded as unknown.
- Added deleting past records for applications from the Applications view.
- Expanded the default multicast IP address range to avoid recording multicast traffic as non-local.
- Updated LAN traffic filtering driver.
- Fixed editing hidden boolean settings. Added a swap In/Out hidden parameter.
- Fixed not resuming monitoring WinPCap traffic after adapter removal.
- Added ignoring duplicates when importing IP address to local traffic filter.
- Added recording traffic usage per application in the Ignore LAN traffic mode.
- Added a Connection Monitor that records interruptions in your Internet connection service.
- Moved ping, trace route and netstat under the Tools menu and updated some graphics.
- Removed Windows 2000 support. Now Windows XP or higher is required.
- Added a built-in network driver for LAN traffic filtering similar to that in v5.1.7 to v5.2.0. It should be more stable now.
- Fixed repositioning the graph after PC resume as sometimes it could have been unnecessarily reset.
- Hidden settings are made easier to use with boolean options toggled with a double click.
- Enabled displaying bars in the notification area even when graph is numeric.
- Made mean interval configurable in the hidden settings.
- Fixed refreshing the netstat tool after killing a process.
- Added checking if the graph is shown beyond the screen upon resume (useful for docked laptops mainly).
- Added graph font size as a hidden setting.
- Added hiding the notification area icon as a hidden setting.
- Made the desk band numbers show on the right when graph in left-to-right mode.
- Fixed showing session traffic for second and following simultaneously logged on users.
- Fixed showing notification area icon for second instance on Windows 7.
- Added custom icon support (copy custom networx.ico in the application folder).
- Fixed the Access is denied message when using fast user switching.
- Redesigned desk band. In horizontal mode, numbers shown in one row, in vertical one in two rows.
- Added ignored IP addresses export and full IPv6 support.
- In notifications shutdown is now executed only once to prevent unwanted further occurrences.
- Added official Windows 8 support (both x86 and x64).
- Portable version uses INI file if present or DB file otherwise.
- Fixed recording and displaying heavy transfers over 500 MB/s.
- Added showing MAC addresses for WinPCap adapters.
- Redesigned Speed Meter also displays total traffic volume.
- Currently logged user highlighted in the list of users in totals.
- Added subheadings at the General tab showing actual periods.
- Notification area icon's status and position are remembered correctly on Windows 7.
- Fixed a possible crash in the traceroute code.
- Improved compatibility with NetBalancer.
- Fixed occasional freeze upon resume from stand by.
- Added the Greek, Catalan and Hebrew languages.
- Fixed choosing background graph image.
- Autorun is now available in the portable builds.
- Added adapter status monitoring to notify user should the adapter become nonoperational.
- Fixed general usage info screen when switching from other tabs.
- All application files are now digitally signed.
- Fixed launching applications with a space in their name in notifications.
- Fixed painting legend for hourly graph in left to right mode.
- Fixed numeric desk band disappearance upon locking/unlocking the task bar.
- Added a few hidden settings: fixed rate unit, router community string, quota dialog instead of usage on hotkey.
- Added displaying time and sorting in dial-up session view.
- Reopening WinPCap adapter after resuming from stand by and hibernation.
- Added opening netstat on tray icon double click and opening usage report at single click.
- Added highlighting items exceeding quota for daily, weekly and monthly reports when appropriate quota is set.
- Fixed writing XLS files, now writing numbers as numbers, not as strings.
- Fixed establishing/dropping dial-up connection on 64-bit systems.
- Made several optimisations to display usage reports faster.
- Added NetWorx popup menu to the desk band as well.
- Fixed sorting weekly, monthly, dial and hourly reports when ascending sort was set.
- Using WinPCap instead of custom network driver for ignoring local traffic.
- Graph is no longer stranded if an auxilary monitor is disconnected.
- Fixed a few issues with recording traffic in the Ignore LAN traffic mode.
- Added Vietnamese languages and a few others have been updated.
- Fully 64-bit release including desk band now available on 64-bit systems.
- Desk band is now displayed properly on the translucent taskbar.
- Fixed a problem with metering UDP traffic in the Ignore LAN traffic mode.
- Fixed incorrect alignment of certain user interface elements on systems with large fonts enabled.
- Fixed refreshing dial-up sessions report that had no effect.
- Last opened tab in the usage reports is now preserved between views.
- Fixed choosing another user in the usage report did not update the view.
- Fixed graph visibility and size was not saved in some cases upon shutdown.
- Added showing user quota dialog upon the tray icon click.
- Added redialing a dial-up connection if it seems to hang.
- Added SNMP-capable router monitoring feature.
- Today and since traffic indicators at the general tab made configurable.
- Ping and traceroute tools accept URLs in addition to plain host names.
- A number of improvements to the user interface.
- Updated network drivers solve incompatibility with AVG and several other issues.
- Improved compatibility with systems with VirtualBox installed.
- Rarely used settings "Snap to desktop edges" and "Smooth spikes" moved to hidden settings.
- Added an option to show/hide animated usage bars.
- Added an option to choose appearance of the tray icon.
- Using a new network driver to filter out LAN traffic. If it works okay, NetWorx will soon be able to track usage per application.
- The Ignore LAN option has been removed from the portable build as it now requires installation of a network driver. Use the installation package if you need this option.
- Added a configurable delay in the hidden settings that allows to postpone making a dial-up connection.
- Notification condition can now be set to less than 1 KB (previously 1 KB was the lower limit).
- If automatic dialing is turned on, also dial a connection upon resume.
- Dial-up connections are logged more accurately (log sessions established before NetWorx was started).
- Added a hidden setting to set number of seconds between minute ticks.
- Fixed failure to launch from notifications programs with command-line parameters.
- Added usage bars shown on the graph when fixed Y-scale is turned on.
- Fixed bridged connections monitoring that was broken in the previous version.
- Removed the Display Graph on Startup option. Instead NetWorx remembers last graph state.
- The Grid Lines in Reports option has moved to the hidden settings as rarely used.
- Added hotkeys for the graph and usage windows.
- Added initial configuration wizard shown upon first launch.
- Improved compatilibty with Online Armor Firewall.
- Added time zone offset in the hidden settings to allow users to compensate clock if their ISP uses a different time zone.
- Added dial-up summary on the At a Glance report.
- Fixed dial-up connection recording for the case when NetWorx was shut down before a dial-up connection has been disconnected.
- Fixed double-click mode that could not be set.
- Quota overuse notification no longer closes automatically.
- Removed workaround added in the previous version as in some cases it failed to detect real network adapters.
- Improved compatibility with ESet Smart Security and NetLimiter.
- Added the Arabic language and a few others updated.
- Added a quota on dial-up duration.
- Added a period indicator in the quota manager showing user's progress towards the quota.
- Double-click on the tray icon can now be configured.
- Added daily/weekly/monthly usage summary shown on the graph.
- Use a simple gray icon to indicate that NetWorx isn't monitoring the current network.
- Added selectable max rate unit (bytes/KB/MB/bit/Kbit/Mbit).
- Added additional remind option when quota is being used.
- Added workaround for most virtual adapters that should no longer interfere with NetWorx readings.
- Added an option to choose where to store user settings.
- Added choice of unit when exporting usage data.
- Added the name of a monitored interface to the system tray hint/tooltip.
- At a glance report now shows on-peak usage and off-peak usage along with a total.
- Dial-up application launch list is made editable and accepts command-line parameters to be passed to applications.
- Added all-time/on-peak/off-peak as an extra condition in notifications.
- Currently active hour is now shown in the hour selection matrix.
- Added a workaround to prevent incorrect readings when installed with NetLimiter 3.
- Changed notification processing: if actions include dropping dial-up connections, the timer is reset when a new connection is dialed. Otherwise it caused premature occurrence of the event.
- Added import of IP address to be ignored (formats understood are IP address range, CIDR and individual IP addresses).
- Bandwidth rates shown under the graph are made monochrome (this can be reverted via a hidden setting).
- Added a hidden setting allowing to relocate the database to another folder.
- Updated language files and minor user interface tweaks.
- Added more shutdown options: power off, stand by, hibernate and restart.
- Added dial-up connection name and speed shown in the tray icon tooltip.
- Implemented correct usage recording when multiple users were logged on at once (fast user switching).
- Fixed excessive reading from the disk when showing daily/weekly/monthly usage on hovering tray icon was enabled (now updated once a minute).
- Updated language files and other minor tweaks.
- Fixed sorting usage reports when daily usage exceeded 2 GB.
- Fixed a desk band issue that caused a crash on Windows 7 in certain circumstances.
- Fixed graph shown off-screen if the monitor where it had been displayed became unavailable.
- Fixed showing 'unavailable' in the graph title when the chosen adapter was not available at startup and became available later.
- Added password check when accessing quota settings when the password protection is enabled.
- Added network manager allowing to exclude certain networks from monitoring.
- Fixed an error in computations of monthly periods when the month started 29th, 30th or 31st.
- Fixed doubling outgoing traffic records on Vista/Seven with mobile broadband and "dial-up" ADSL.
- Fixed graph shown in taskbar when Frameless Graph Window in the hidden options was turned on.
- Added Portuguese (Portugal) language.
- Fixed a memory leak on Vista and Seven in early downloads of version 5.0.7.
- Fixed displaying month names when usage chart was in the non-stacked bars mode.
- Any broadcast traffic is ignored in the Ignore LAN traffic mode.
- Added Windows 7 locale bug workaround where the US date format was used instead of the one chosen in standards and formats.
- Added Norwegian, Slovak and Turkish languages.
- Added 'All wireless connections' monitoring option (Vista and higher).
- Fixed inability to select some network connections on Windows Vista and Seven.
- Added graph fading out when the mouse is hovering and the click-through mode is turned on.
- Added a few new preferences in the hidden settings (press Ctrl + O in the settings window).
- Custom report is shown in consistent order with the daily, monthly and weekly reports.
- Traceroute window is now resizeable.
- Tray icon indicates the status if the current adapter becomes unavailable.
- Fixed small errors shown in daily/weekly/monthly/custom reports when on-peak or off-peak view was turned on.
- Usage data can now be reset fully, including data received from other computers during synchronisation.
- Added last 24-hour quota and usage display. This works similarly to the daily quota/usage display, but instead uses a sliding 24-hour window in calculations.
- Added quick access to dial-up from the main menu.
- Added option to choose between bar chart and stacked bar chart.
- Usage accounting made more accurate. Previously there could be a small error when recording usage data on hour's boundary.
- Fixed availability of minute ticks option as it should not be available when axes are turned off.
- Fixed quota usage which was miscalculated when using a dual on/off peak quota (was broken in v5.0.4).
- Added Finnish, Czech, Croatian, Dutch and Japanese languages.
- Added automatically launched applications when a dial-up connection is established.
- Fixed a problem in usage synchronisation when the computer could sync with itself doubling the usage.
- Enhanced on/off-peak timetable allowing to specify a day of the week.
- Tray icon tooltip and hint can now be configured separately.
- Minor user interface changes and improvements.
- Added Bulgarian and Ukrainian languages.
- Added drop-down month list in custom reports to quickly access monthly usage.
- Added import of DU Meter Backup files (*.sqbackup) and NetMeter files (*.csv) under the Restore button in the usage report.
- Added IP address manager to exclude custom networks as local traffic.
- Short-term notifications now can apply in a wider range. Now 'more' conditions trigger even if they occur before time elapses
- Playing a windows sound when quota overused message shown.
- Some fixes related to sleep and hibernation issues when the Ignore LAN option was turned on.
- Volume unit multiplier made customisable (1000 or 1024 bytes per KB).
- On/off-peak hours menu item in the usage report now causes the tray tooltip to display on/off-peak usage info accordingly.
- Added Korean language.
- Fixed desk band not picked colour settings after a shell restart.
- Fixed incorrect traffic accounting on Windows 7 when the Ignore LAN option was turned on.
- Fixed launching more than one NetWorx instance in Fast User Switching environment.
- Netstat now saves its settings between sessions.
- Netstat made IPv6 aware (shows IPv6 connections and listening ports).
- Added hints to on/off peak hour display to make it easier to use.
- Added ability to travel along the graph up to 1 hour back using the arrow keys.
- Added password protection feature. Allows to password-protect access to the settings, resetting usage data and quitting the application.
- Added Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Swedish, Spanish languages.
- Added a language selector shown upon first launch.
- Fixed Explorer crash on Vista/Windows 7 when desk band is turned on.
- Added Chinese, German, Polish languages.
- Added multilingual support with three initial languages built-in (English, French, Russian).
- Fixed finalisation order in the data collector that could have led to an Access Violation error on shutdown.
- The network driver enabling NetWorx to distinguish LAN traffic now only starts when the Ignore LAN option is turned on (thus saving system resources).
- Usage synchronisation module now only starts when the relevant option is turned on (thus causing fewer firewall prompts).
- Desk band made compatible with Windows 7.
- Ping and trace route windows made non-modal, allowing to open them simultaneously with other windows.
- In the 'Ignore LAN' mode traffic was accounted wrongly (removed debug code multiplying by 100). Users running v4.9.9 are urged to upgrade.
- Fixed inability to shrink the graph in the numeric mode to reasonable dimensions.
- In the Speed Meter added a real "average" computed over the time lap. The old 5-second average renamed to current rate.
- Added an 'at a glance' report showing recent usage broken down by users.
- Added an ability to distinguish local and Internet traffic (IPv4 and IPv6 aware).
- Various fixed and enhancements (usage synchronisation, database operations, error handling) to improve stability.
- Added access to dial-up connection properties.
- Fixed a critical issue with automatic updates. In some circumstances it might have caused a number of repeating reqeusts causing bandwidth wastage. Upgrade to this version is recommended.
- Added peer-to-peer usage data syncronization with other NetWorx instances on the network.
- Added dialing a connection on start-up (that can be used to establish an initial dial-up, ADSL or mobile broadband connection).
- Several minor user interface enhancements.
- Fixed Cancel button. Previously it did not revert the options changed in the settings Window.
- Fixed oversized hourly graph when the window is maximized.
- Showing totals in the hourly usage chart, plus performance enhancements.
- Hopefully fixed mad readings on Windows Vista by ignoring virtual QoS adapters.
- Improved handling of single/double click on the tray icon (double-click does not launch action assigned to single click).
- The 'Quota Overused' message now includes the actual percentage reached.
- Fixed a minor issue with on-line checking for new versions.
- The Speed Meter can now be controlled via automation.
- Fixed blank hourly chart when numeric graph was chosen.
- Reverted printing numeric rates on plain background. Computed colours sometimes gave adverse visual effects.
- Graph labels are now compactly formatted (K/M).
- Added purely numeric graph display.
- Hourly report made sortable.
- Tray icon now has got static title if 'Hide inactive icons' Windows option is on.
- Quota now shows allowance left in addition to used and total.
- Added 'Enable Graph Click-Through' menu item (visible only if graph is being displayed and is semi-transparent).
- Graph color selectors now offer a better choice of colors.
- Added option to automatically bring up the graph when a certain condition is met.
- Graph ticks are drawn with dots rather than dashes.
- Added option to display either a polyline or a histogram in the real-time graph.
- Added 'remind me in' option in message about overused quota to make it less annoying.
- Quota settings are now saved when window closed.
- Fixed the hourly report when last hour of the day might have been shown wrongly.
- The hourly report highlights on/off-peak hours.
- Fixed quota and weekly/monthly report computations.
- Days 29, 30 and 31 are now allowed again as the first day of the month.
- A number of minor improvements: graph opacity can be adjusted with +/- numpad keys; fixed the remaining days counter in the quota; fixed a problem with hourly report (not all hours were displayed).
- Monthly, weekly and daily reports now include a grand total.
- Added a basic quota mechanism allowing to set a usage limit and keep an eye on it.
- Added an alert mechanism when quota is used up by a set percent.
- Added UL/DL volume to the hourly rate display.
- The notification window now pops up topmost.
- Fixed on-peak/off-peak hour settings. Now only on-peak hours need to be entered. Off-peak is computed automatically.
- Monthly total shown in the system tray icon's tooltip is now computed properly when the month starts not from the 1st.
- Added a hot key to activate/deactivate the click-through mode.
- In the desk band placed on a vertical taskbar numbers are shown underneath. In the deskband placed on a horizontal taskbar numbers are shown at the left as before.
- Usage data stored on a per-hour basis. On-peak and off-peak hours can be configured for an accurate account.
- Beginning of the month and beginning of the week can be customized if it is needed.
- Added a hourly bandwidth rate report. You can see your average data transfer rate in recent days and hours.
- Fixed possible crash if NetWorx was started automatically before the Windows shell was fully initialized.
- Added 'Apply settings' button.
- Redesigned desk band made tidy and compact.
- Total usage is now shown in the tooltip in addition to download and upload.
- Fixed a race condition that might have caused the application to lock up on startup.
- Cosmetic enhancements to the usage chart showing daily, weekly and monthly usage reports.
- Showing usage reports on the tray icon's double-click.
- ICMP packets in the ping and traceroute utilities are now sent with a payload. Previously ping and traceroute could have failed in some networks.
- The usage graph can now be made click-through when semi-transparent.
- Fixed incorrect saving/restoring the graph when it was shown without a title bar.
- Added a volume unit option (choosing among automatic, MB, KB and bytes).
- Fixed a potential issue in the installation script that might have led to inability to install NetWorx on some computers.
- Tunnel and firewire interfaces are now ignored when monitoring all interfaces in addition to loopback.
- Added a nice bar chart to daily, weekly, and monthly usage reports.
- Enhanced tooltip can show weekly and monthly usage in addition to daily one.
- Added option to have minute ticks on the graph.
- Fixed wrong graph positioning if in two consecutive sessions graph was not brought up.
- Added 'Reset graph' button to bring the graph back if it happens to be shown off-screen.
- Fixed a timing issue where the program might have crashed on Windows start up.
- The graph should now be properly saved and restored on multi-monitor systems.
- Added option to have either numeric or graphical display when the desk band is in compact mode.
- Fixed a sudden reporting jump that could occur if a network adapter becomes temporarily unavailable when the system enters a new power state.
- Added a shell extension known as 'desk band'. It integrates with your taskbar and provides a handy tool to keep an eye on bandwidth usage. This extension is currently available on 32-bit editions of Windows only.
- Fixed zero-length duration records that could sometimes be written to dial-up log.
- Added unit selector (bytes/s or bits/s).
- Added gradient to the graph.
- Added option to enable/disable grid lines on graph.
- Another potential issue with error message 'DB is locked' fixed.
- Daily records are displayed in reversed order with newest on the top (as it was with weekly and monthly records).
- Dial-up session journal added. All dial-up connections are now logged.
- Long date format display is no longer available.
- On-line version checking (automatic update) added.
- Fixed problem with garbage displayed instead of dial-up duration in the system tray.
- Option to hide chart axes.
- Greeting shown in system tray on Windows 2000 fixed.
- Load on startup option is no longer available in portable version.
- Potential error message 'DB is locked' fixed.
- Left to right usage history graph option.
- Netstat shows processes on Windows 2000 (requires post-SP4 rollup installed).
- Fixed usage report sorting.
- Usage database optimized for performance.
- Bitmap images can be used as graph's background.
- Smooth graph option added.
- Support of multiple users on the same machine added.
- Per-user and combined usage reporting added.
- Windows 98/ME/NT systems are no longer supported.
- Portable version available.
- Fixed possible error messages when the graph was undersized.
- Y-axis on the graph can be fixed or automatically scaled.
- Popup menu is also available from the graph in addition to the tray icon.
- Fixed grid lines display in custom reports.
- Graph can be shown in the system tray.
- Usage report can be sorted.
- Usage displayed when mouse hovers over the tray icon.
- New customizable usage graph.
- Automatic refresh in netstat.
- Fixed occasional wrong graph positioning.
- Backup/restore usage stats.
- Fixed doubled reporting on Windows Vista with multiple connections monitored.
- Dynamically plugged/unplugged adapters support.
- Fixed sudden reporting jump by 4/8 GB.
- Fixed wrong usage reporting with some VPN connections.
- Notifications can now be fired by either or both received and sent traffic counters.
- Completely reworked release.
- Advanced netstat tool showing processes associated with network connections.
- Improved notifications.
- The software is now freeware!
- Enhanced notification conditions
- Configurable system tray tooltip
- Minor optimizations
- Minor bug fixes.
- New features: ping, traceroute, netstat
- Minor GUI changes
- Fully rebuilt version 1.0. New engine, new interface.
- First published version.
- For internal use only, never published.