- Added: taskbar graph in Windows 11 and in portable editions.
- Improved: network driver compatibility with other products.
- Improved: UI enhancements throughout the app.
- Improved: histogram tray icon graph.
- Fixed: crash when tray icon graph was enabled with custom Y-scale set.
- Added: transfer rates in macOS menu bar.
- Added: data retention warning when deleting adapters.
- Improved: custom-drawn quota display.
- Fixed: data resetting when apps were monitored.
- Fixed: incorrect tab title on Windows dark theme.
- Fixed: overlapping names in per-computer chart.
- Fixed: showing hour status when moving mouse.
- Fixed: respecting rate order in graph process view.
- Added: custom SNMP settings.
- Added: on-mouse-hover notification area display.
- Added: network adapter renaming.
- Added: custom LAN ranges support.
- Added: graph font settings.
- Improved: notification area info made dynamically updated.
- Improved: borderless graph made resizable.
- Improved: adapter IP info shown in settings.
- Improved: graph menu item moved out of submenu.
- Fixed: taskbar extension size on HiDPI.
- Fixed: importing from UTF-16 databases.
- This version is a complete rewrite of the product aiming at future extensibility and multi-platform support.
- Added: extensive macOS support.
- Added: colour schemes and dark mode support.
- Improved: uptime & downtime monitor.
- Improved: multiple graph support.
- Improved: graph shows active apps and chart.
- Improved: simplified and refreshed user interface.
- Removed: dial-up features, hourly report, traceroute, ping and most hidden settings.
- Improved: new network infrastructure for speed tests.
- Improved: application no longer depends on OpenSSL.
- Updated: network filtering drivers.
- Improved: speed meter automatically switches to a new server if the current one fails.
- Improved: Windows notifications replaced with a custom window displayed upon click.
- Improved: speed meter no longer depends on MSXML, which had issues on some systems.
- Fixed: several bug fixes in network drivers for LAN traffic filtering.
- Improved: optimised LAN traffic filtering to near-zero CPU usage even at high speeds.
- Changed: removed WinPCap support due to its limitations and start-up issues on some systems.
- Changed: removed IP address logging to achieve CPU-efficient traffic monitoring.
- Improved: remembering the selected speed meter server between sessions.
- Improved: retention of sorting order when refreshing apps or sites view.
- Improved: automatically enabling desk band if it was selected in installer.
- Updated: LAN traffic filtering drivers for better performance and compatibility.
- Changed: Windows 7 is now the minimum required OS version.
- Added: user prompt about removing all data during uninstallation.
- Added: drill-down reports by IP address/by application and vice versa.
- Added: sound and message notifications in the Connection Monitor.
- Added: choice of the speed meter test server.
- Updated: LAN traffic filtering driver.
- Added: user input controls for time in Site and Application reports.
- Added: double-click in most reports reveals per-application usage during the specified period.
- Fixed: in multi-monitor setups, graph window jumping to a different monitor after another window was moved there.
- Fixed: colour inconsistency between the usage graph and historical charts.
- Fixed: upscaled appearance of the popup menu when the graph is shown.
- Added: logging of location, IP address and ISP in automated speed tests.
- Added: Speed Meter data export to HTML, CSV and text files.
- Improved: Speed Meter reliability and compatibility with the latest Windows Server.
- Improved: inclusion of Speed Meter's own data usage into reports in 'Ignore LAN traffic' mode.
- Improved: displaying of downtime and uptime duration in Connection Monitor.
- Fixed: Connection Monitor locking up when Internet connection drops out.
- Added: Windows Server 2019 support.
- Improved: reduced CPU usage when Ignore LAN Traffic setting is enabled.
- Fixed: occasional speed meter errors in IPv6-enabled configurations.
- Added: new hidden setting for transparent graph background.
- Changed: updated network drivers for filtering out local traffic to fix issues with third party products.
- Fixed: automatic check for updates that could run too frequently.
- Fixed: an issue with graph position ocasionally not being saved.
- Improved: frameless graph implementation to make it resizeable.
- Changed: updated the included SQLite, OpenSSL and geo-IP database components.
- Added: system tray notifications for connection monitor detections.
- Improved: all graphics and icons are now vector images and scale to any DPI on high-resolution displays.
- Improved: standardised menus for single- and double-click actions.
- Changed: updated and Microsoft-signed LAN traffic filtering drivers.
- Added the OpenSSL library for sending secure e-mails with NetWorx.
- Updated the LAN filtering drivers and WFP was made the default option.
- Fixed not saving scheduled speed test settings upon restart on Windows 10.
- Fixed a scheduled speed tests issue where a test did not complete in time.
- Added docking of the graph to top or bottom of desktop in a reserved space.
- Added a setting to specify sender e-mail address for outgoing e-mails.
- Added scheduled speed testing to measure connection's speed regularly.
- Added history of measurements to the Speed Meter and an easy to read chart.
- Showing vertical axis at the beginning of the graph rather than the end of it.
- Fixed saving graph visibility on Windows 10+
- Fixed a memory leak when looking up geo-IP info in Netstat.
- Fixed incorrect usage on the graph after waking up from sleep.
- Added a hidden setting for tray graph activity threshold.
- Added treating zero allowance under Quota as Unlimited.
- Added saving bar chart height in per day, week, month and custom reports.
- Added new graph type: average columns calculated over 5 seconds by default.
- More accurate readings when using the Ignore LAN traffic mode.
- Added a notification when report fails to run or sending email notification fails.
- Added country flags from IP addresses in ping, trace route, netstat and web-site report.
- Added environment variable support in CSV graph data file and custom database location.
- Added writing to the Windows event log when connection goes off-line and back on-line.
- Added high-resolution icons sized 64x64, 128x128 and 256x256 for high DPI screens.
- Added ignoring LAN traffic in kernel when using NetFilter for faster LAN transfers.
- Added text format in the automatic reports and a button to select target file.
- Added per web-site report to track what Internet hosts used most data.
- Fixed a painting issue with icons in Netstat and per application report.
- Fixed a crash in per application report on certain 64-bit systems.
- NetWorx is now commercial software. To facilitate its further development, we introduced a licence fee.
- Added remembering height and width of the usage window.
- Added attaching usage report when sending e-mail quota notifications.
- Fixed several memory leaks in connection monitor and NetStat.
- Fixed a few issues with high DPI systems.
- Fixed showing messages about blocked Internet repeatedly.
- Apps in automatic reports are sorted by usage rather than name.
- Added graph time stamps displayed when minute ticks are enabled.
- Portable versions are restricted to one instance from one location.
- Minor UI enhancements, updated traffic filtering drivers and DB engine.
- Added Reset Session command to reset the numbers recorded since boot.
- Added drawing the graph's background bitmap in the desk band graph as well.
- Fixed an uninstallation issue on Windows 10 where the driver was not removed.
- Fixed a few minor UI issues when exploring past graph readings with arrow keys.
- Added a workaround for picking-up UPnP devices whose UDN changes after a reboot.
- Added per-application output in automatic HTML reports when Ignore LAN traffic is on.
- Added showing average and maximum speeds together in the Speed Meter.
- Added a hidden setting to write graph data to a CSV file for further analysis.
- Fixed converting per application usage records from older databases.
- Fixed doubling entries stored as a list when a backup was restored.
- Fixed updating the options UI dialog when a backup was restored.
- Added new Speed Meter with active connection throughput testing.
- Fixed an error in UPnP router detection when malformed XML was received.
- Fixed polling some routers whose UPnP module didn't support HTTP/1.0.
- Fixed flicker when Session Usage Summary was shown on the graph.
- Fixed recording apps usage during the hours marked as Unmetered.
- Added graph smoothing with a moving average for a prettier graph.
- Added a custom UPnP implementation that supports more routers.
- Fixed an error message shown when Windows ran out of TEMP space.
- Fixed sending sync broadcasts on PCs with more than one network card.
- Fixed a few issues with exporting reports to a file from Usage Reports.
- Updated SNMP implementation to minimise the number of requests.
- Updated third-party TDI and WFP drivers to the latest version.
- Added filter by date in Applications report and showing application names rather than paths.
- Changed usage backup from XML to SQLite DB file and it now also includes program settings.
- Changed the Netstat tool to a connection tree to enable real-time application monitoring.
- Fixed monitoring apps that were monitored even if the selected network was unavailable.
- Fixed a memory leak in connection tracking when the Ignore LAN option was used.
- Fixed closing CSV and HTML files that stayed open when exporting a report.
- Updated LAN traffic filtering drivers with latest compatibility fixes.
- Added rounding to good-looking values in the usage report barchart.
- Added hidden settings to show/hide dial-up and on/off-peak features.
- Added a warning if DB is not writable or can't be created on disk.
- Added dialog to allow to reset to a set value other than zero.
- Minor bug fixes and improved Windows 10 compatibility.
- Added Y-axis labels rounding to good-looking values on the graph, e.g. 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K.
- Added logarithmic scale on the graph to enable showing very small and very large values together.
- Added a monthly total in daily auto reports and HTML reports are sent inline, not as attachment.
- Added SNMPv3 support for monitoring the router (see the hidden settings).
- Fixed text overlapping in the bar chart and use the thousand separator by default.
- Fixed initialisation of the UPnP router monitoring if it wasn't ready on startup.
- Added automatic reports saved to a file or sent by e-mail.
- Added a hidden setting for virtual adapters monitoring ignored by default.
- Fixed firing off-peak notifications as they were sometimes not processed.
- Fixed graph disappearance when clicking the desktop in Hide Graph on Full Screen.
- Added Properties and Open File Location menu options in the application view.
- Added experimental workaround for routers with incorrect UPnP implementation.
- Added getting process name from the kernel for reliable application names reporting.
- Updated languages, filter drivers, done numerous minor fixes and improvements.
- Added graph line width setting in the hidden settings.
- Fixed black rectangle artefacts in the application view.
- Fixed the drop-down interface boxes in router setup.
- Fixed the re-opening WinPCap when there is a capture issue.
- Fixed the monitoring of all virtual network adapters.
- Fixed disabling Teredo where it was unnecessary for the TDI driver.
- Fixed quota settings they are now protected too when a password is set.
- Fixed quota and usage computations when a custom Time Zone Offset was used.
- Added connection monitor Timeout and Retries variables to the hidden settings.
- Added showing hints for hotkeys where long hotkey combinations did not fit.
- Added computer name in subject and body of e-mails for easier identification.
- Added a hidden setting to disable TCP/UDP tracking in the Ignore LAN mode.
- Added Mobile Broadband support for monitoring as all available connections.
- Added showing units on the graph (configurable in the hidden settings).
- Added email notifications for short-term conditions.
- Fixed crashing if UPnP was not ready at startup.
- Added application usage data in netstat showing each process actvity.
- Added view scroll bar and a way to reset the connection uptime log.
- Added e-mail notifications and blocking Internet access in the quota.
- Added Windows high DPI awareness for high-resolution displays.
- Fixed doubling dial-up sessions and applications when two users were logged on.
- Added driver hash sum verification upon installation to avoid unnecessary reboots.
- Fixed dynamic bars to be relative to a maximum in the last 5 secs rather than session.
- Added displaying dial-up volume in the At a Glance report in addition to its duration.
- Added environment variable NOTIFY when launching a program in the notifications.
- Added UPnP router monitoring for routers that do not support SNMP (experimental).
- Added showing usage in terabytes for large numbers over 1000 GB.
- Added SNMPv1 and SNMPv2 support for router monitoring via SNMP.
- Fixed an issue with garbled or incorrect application names recorded.
- Allowed users to choose which implementation of driver to install (WFP/TDI).
- Added automatic firewall rule creation/removal for usage synchronisation.
- Updated LAN traffic filtering drivers and improved Windows 8.1 compatibility.
- Added a hidden setting to suppress the graph on full-screen apps.
- Added highlighting changed hidden options in bold.
- Added totals to the dial-up log and a session filter.
- Added sorting by application in the application view.
- Added a more stable version of the WFP driver for LAN traffic filtering.
- Fixed showing popup menu on the graph on left-positioned secondary display.
- More reliable uninstallation process to ensure no orphan files are left.
- Added a workaround to obtain application names that were previously recorded as unknown.
- Added deleting past records for applications from the Applications view.
- Expanded the default multicast IP address range to avoid recording multicast traffic as non-local.
- Updated LAN traffic filtering driver.
- Fixed editing hidden boolean settings. Added a swap In/Out hidden parameter.
- Fixed not resuming monitoring WinPCap traffic after adapter removal.
- Added ignoring duplicates when importing IP address to local traffic filter.
- Added recording traffic usage per application in the Ignore LAN traffic mode.
- Added a Connection Monitor that records interruptions in your Internet connection service.
- Moved ping, trace route and netstat under the Tools menu and updated some graphics.
- Removed Windows 2000 support. Now Windows XP or higher is required.
- Added a built-in network driver for LAN traffic filtering similar to that in v5.1.7 to v5.2.0. It should be more stable now.
- Fixed repositioning the graph after PC resume as sometimes it could have been unnecessarily reset.
- Hidden settings are made easier to use with boolean options toggled with a double click.
- Enabled displaying bars in the notification area even when graph is numeric.
- Made mean interval configurable in the hidden settings.
- Fixed refreshing the netstat tool after killing a process.
- Added checking if the graph is shown beyond the screen upon resume (useful for docked laptops mainly).
- Added graph font size as a hidden setting.
- Added hiding the notification area icon as a hidden setting.
- Made the desk band numbers show on the right when graph in left-to-right mode.
- Fixed showing session traffic for second and following simultaneously logged on users.
- Fixed showing notification area icon for second instance on Windows 7.
- Added custom icon support (copy custom networx.ico in the application folder).
- Fixed the Access is denied message when using fast user switching.
- Redesigned desk band. In horizontal mode, numbers shown in one row, in vertical one in two rows.
- Added ignored IP addresses export and full IPv6 support.
- In notifications shutdown is now executed only once to prevent unwanted further occurrences.
- Added official Windows 8 support (both x86 and x64).