SoftPerfect Software Products
A full-featured traffic management tool for Windows that offers cost-effective bandwidth control and quality of service based on built-in prioritised rules. These rules can specify a bandwidth limit for each Internet user. With SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager, you can apply speed-throttling rules to specified IP addresses, ports and even network interfaces with no changes to existing network infrastructure.
A product aimed for network application developers, system administrators and network engineers. It imitates a network connection with a low bandwidth limit, delays, losses and other packet traversal issues to mimic a low-grade communication channel. With this software, you can test how well your application performs on a slow or long distance connection to ensure the quality of the product being developed or tested.
A print management and auditing solution for your LAN. It lets you manage print jobs queued to any shared printer and provides easy access to the printer and print server settings. Print Inspector also saves to a database statistics about all printed documents (document name, number of pages, name of the user who created the job, computer name etc.). The collected data can be exported to CSV format or used for reporting.
A network administration tool that works with managed network switches and reports what is connected to switch ports, and which ports are not connected. For every connected port, it lists the MAC address, IP address and host name of computers associated with that port.
A simple, yet powerful utility for measuring your bandwidth usage and the speed of all kinds of wired and wireless network connections (Dial-up, Ethernet, ISDN, DSL, 802.11b etc.). The program provides the ability to measure your network throughput, graphic and numeric representation of incoming and outgoing traffic, highly customisable alerts, statistics about dialup connection duration, weekly, daily and monthly Internet usage reports, etc.
A multi-threaded IP, SNMP and NetBIOS scanner with a modern interface and several advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and general users interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP ports and displays which types of resources are shared on the network (including system and hidden). In addition, it allows you to mount shared resources as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list and more.
An essential tool for everyone running a small WiFi network and striving to keep it secure. It allows you to know immediately if your network is used without your knowledge. As a specialised network scanner it runs through your network at set intervals and reports immediately if it has found any new connected devices that could possible belong to an intruder.
A free high-performance RAM disk application that lets you have a disk on your computer entirely stored in the memory. As the memory is much faster than physical hard disks, it makes sense to store temporary data on a fast in-memory disk to achieve a higher performance. Whatever your job is, read on to find out what a RAM disk can offer you.
A free professional sniffer for analysing, debugging, maintaining and monitoring local networks and Internet connections. It captures the data passing through your dial-up connection or network Ethernet card, analyses the data and represents it in a readable form. A useful tool for network administrators, security specialists and network application developers.
A powerful utility for fast file searching across your LAN. You can search for specific file names or for specific file types (e.g. all MP3 files). It comes with a built-in password manager to store your network logins for resources with restricted access. LAN Search Pro provides a lightning fast search engine that lets you search hidden network resources, restricted access resources, IP subnets, LAN FTP servers and much more.
A self-contained index-based network search engine that indexes all files in your local area network and provides users with the ability to locate necessary files within a few seconds. It returns blazingly fast search results to your users, even when large numbers of shared files and folders are present.
A free and useful tool to restore accidentally deleted files from hard and floppy disks, USB flash drives, CF and SD cards and other storage media. It supports the popular file systems such as FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS and NTFS5 with compression and encryption.
This SDK enables programmers to create applications that involve virtual disks. It offers a complete API to allow your software to create, manage and use various types of virtual disks, which can be stored in image files or exist solely in RAM.
Welcome to the SoftPerfect Research website! We develop commercial and free software for home users, small businesses, enterprises, local area networks, intranets and the Internet.
8 December 2013
SoftPerfect Print Inspector v7.0.5
- Changed the service startup type to Delayed on Windows Vista and above.
- Fixed a couple of minor issues with the management console and sending mail.
- Added automatic firewall rule addition/removal for the monitoring service.
6 December 2013
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v5.5.4
- Fixed incorrect row highlighting for unique/non-unique filters.
- Added remembering custom LDAP URL for importing computers from AD.
- Excluded x.x.x.0 address from being treated as a broadcast address.
- Excluded disabled IP ranges when scanning previously undiscovered computers.
- Rescanning existing entries and previously undiscovered items made cancellable.
- Fixed painting custom column text colour in selected lines for better readability.
- Made launching third-party apps relative to netscan's location, not the current directory.
- Added displaying byte/kilobyte/megabyte values received from WMI in a readable form.
- Added folding repetitions for multiple values in a column (this can be turned off if it's needed)
- Added updating router MAC address cache before rescanning existing or discovering new devices.
- Added import/export of friendly names and mixed friendly name mappings (IP or MAC or host name).
- Fixed retaining filter to use the latest filtering condition and saving value for non-value filters.
21 November 2013
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v5.5.3
- Added retrieving HKEY_CURRENT_USER from a remote registry.
- Added double reverse lookup to check reverse/forward name resolution.
- Added SID (Windows Security Identifier) lookup for logged on users.
- Added a small removable ad featuring another our product Switch Port Mapper.
- Filters can now refer to another column and can be preserved between sessions.