Would router monitoring take care of all Internet traffic?

Started by grippy

on my network I don't care what the usage is between computers, 3 of them. I only want to monitor what the computers are uploading and downloading from the internet. Do I have this setup correctly? When I select monitor my router I have to input data. The IP address appears fine from what info I can get from my router but the WAN interface has nothing to select. Can someone help me out please? Thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Would router monitoring take care of all Internet traffic?   21 April 2013, 10:20

With NetWorx you basically have got two options:

1. Install NetWorx on every computer on your network.
This can only be done if all your computers are running Windows.

While NetWorx can only monitor traffic on the computer where it is installed, instances of NetWorx can talk to each other so that each instance is synchronised and shows the actual overall usage. The synchronisation needs to be turned on in the advanced options.

2. If your router supports so-called SNMP protocol, you can monitor all traffic via your router. This however will not give you a per-user usage breakdown and the monitoring computer must be continuously on to poll the router and collect usage data. Check your router's documentation with regards to SNMP support.

Hope this helps.
Helpful. Thank You
I have router setting showing the network option. If I select monitor all connections, will it count the data a wifi mobile is using, or I have to set it to router network available in network settings? I want both datas pc and wifi users.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Would router monitoring take care of all Internet traffic?   12 September 2014, 23:38

When you choose the All Connections option, it means all network cards on that computer, not all devices in the network.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.