Getting real Internet usage statistics

Started by amaralluis

amaralluis

Getting real Internet usage statistics   09 August 2014, 02:44

Hello,

Yesterday I discovered that I could track my Internet usage via the router which is great so I can know what my real Internet usage is but I have a question.
I have NetWorx currently installed on a computer and a laptop. Both are set to monitor via router and both are configured to synchronize. In the Usage stats I have three users profiles: "All combined users", "My Router" and "My computer"

"My computer" gives no more results since I've switched to the router which is normal.
"All combined user" and "Router" give me different results though.

Does it mean that Networx is adding the router usage to the laptop usage as well and for a real Internet usage I should only use the user "My router"?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Getting real Internet usage data   09 August 2014, 17:28

When you are monitoring the router, all data passing the router is being recorded. This means all computers behind it.

There is no point in monitoring the router from two computers and sync the records as this would effectively double the real usage. You should either monitor those computers' network adapters and sync their usage with each other, or monitor the router from one computer.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.