DHCP Server Discovery: Error in TDHCPv6Query: code: 10049

Started by cuizinier

cuizinier

DHCP Server Discovery: Error in TDHCPv6Query: code: 10049   13 February 2015, 16:05

Hi,

When using the DHCP Server Discovery on a Windows server, I received the following error: Error in TDHCPv6Query: code: 10049, message: Cannot assign requested address.
Screenshot

I used this feature on different computers and it was working fine so I don't know why I get this error on 1 computer only.

Computer info:
  • Roles: DHCP, DNS but no Active Directory
  • Static IP

Any idea regarding the cause of this error?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: DHCP Server Discovery: Error in TDHCPv6Query: code: 10049   13 February 2015, 19:00

This error indicates the network scanner was unable to bind an IPv6 socket to one of the local addresses.

Could you please post here complete output of the ipconfig /all command launched at a command prompt?
Hello,

Sorry, somehow I missed this forum and posted a direct support form. Nevertheless, like I wrote in the support form, the error seems to be generated (at least quite consistent on my pc) when the IP configuration is changed while the application is running/active in the background.

I reverted back to 5.4.3 which didn't suffer from the issue.

Maybe related, in the old version if you clicked on the IP button (Auto detect IP range) then you always got the list of active configured IP addresses, regardless if you've changed the IP configuration while the Network scanner was running/active or not. In the latest program, it will remember the IP addresses from when the application was started and if they are changed afterwards it will not update the list. Eventually it will generate above error when the DHCP search button is pressed.

Best regards
Bjorn

Re: DHCP Server Discovery: Error in TDHCPv6Query: code: 10049   16 February 2015, 19:45

Hi Bjorn,

No worries. Yes, you are right these issues are related. It's easy to fix though and tomorrow I will post an update here.
Hi Andrew,

Sorry for my late reply but the problem has been fixed by itself, probably after the server has been rebooted. Now, I don't get this error anymore.

Thanks for your reply though.

Re: DHCP Server Discovery: Error in TDHCPv6Query: code: 10049   18 February 2015, 14:53

Thanks for your feedback guys. We have just fixed two issues in this build:
  • If the PC's IP configuration has changed while the application was running, the DHCP discovery would fail.
  • Likewise, if the PC's IP configuration has changed, the range detection dialog would still show old data.
Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for the quick feedback, I've downloaded the update and use the 64bit version. So far it seems ok, thanks

Best regards.
Bjorn

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.