Our latest news, software releases and updates
26 November 2015
SoftPerfect Connection Emulator v1.6.2
- Added worldwide licensing options for large companies.
- Fixed bypassing some packets in low system memory state.
17 November 2015
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.9
- Added showing column visibility setup if no columns are visible.
- Added using GET method instead of HEAD for grabbing HTTP banners.
- Added a CIDR-to-range button to change address range representation.
- Added saving results to a JSON file in addition to XML, CSV, HTML and text.
- Added highlighting new devices found in live scan and scan for new devices.
- Added all/v4/v6 options for the /range switch to enable automatic detection.
- Fixed an Invalid Pointer Operation error when using live display for a long time.
2 November 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.10
- Added Windows 10 compatibility.
- Updated Ethernet NIC vendors database.
29 October 2015
SoftPerfect RAM Disk v3.4.7
- Added Windows 10 compatibility and fixed issues with the product.
- Added executing *.bat and *.cmd files in automatically started apps.
- Allowed to manually save data to image even when data persistence is off.
13 October 2015
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager v3.1.4
- Added web-templates to make the web-report page fully customisable.
- Added web-files support to add graphics and other elements to the web-page.
- Improved DB performance by using normal sync and manual WAL check-pointing.
- Improved display of quota expiry info and fixed entering more than 24h in quota.
- Updated network drivers fix a few minor issues and add Windows 10 compatibility.
8 October 2015
SoftPerfect Connection Emulator v1.6.1
- Added Windows 10 support and Windows XP embedded installation fix.
- Fixed several minor issues with interface MTU and a Driver Verifier crash.
7 October 2015
SoftPerfect NetWorx v5.4.2
- Added filter by date in Applications report and showing application names rather than paths.
- Changed usage backup from XML to SQLite DB file and it now also includes program settings.
- Changed the Netstat tool to a connection tree to enable real-time application monitoring.
- Fixed monitoring apps that were monitored even if the selected network was unavailable.
- Fixed a memory leak in connection tracking when the Ignore LAN option was used.
- Fixed closing CSV and HTML files that stayed open when exporting a report.
- Updated LAN traffic filtering drivers with latest compatibility fixes.
20 September 2015
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.8
- Added CIDR notation input for IPv4 and IPv6 in addition to ranges.
- Added parsing of IPv4 and IPv6 CIDR notation in IP/Hostname import.
- Added Remote PowerShell support to run scripts on remote computers.
8 August 2015
SoftPerfect NetWorx v5.4.1
- Added rounding to good-looking values in the usage report barchart.
- Added hidden settings to show/hide dial-up and on/off-peak features.
- Added a warning if DB is not writable or can't be created on disk.
- Added dialog to allow to reset to a set value other than zero.
- Minor bug fixes and improved Windows 10 compatibility.
20 July 2015
SoftPerfect WiFi Guard v1.0.6
- Added custom command execution on detection of unknown devices.
- Replaced XML config storage with a more reliable SQLite database.
- Several minor tweaks and fixes throughout the application.
- Linux version has been discontinued due to low demand.
19 July 2015
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.7
- Added an option to allow ARP outside current subnet.
- Added adapter name in the auto detection dialog.
- Added official Windows 10 support.
16 July 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.9
- Added /fullrow in the console version and an option in the GUI to allow repeating values in output.
- Added respecting the column order and visibility when saving to a CSV/HTML file from the GUI.
- Added respecting the column order when using the /column switch in the console version.
22 June 2015
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager v3.1.3
- Updated the DPI engine and added support of Vevo, Pandora and QUIC.
- Added a couple of default IPv6 local address ranges in the LAN filter.
- Fixed an interoperability issue between 32-bit GUI and 64-bit core.
16 June 2015
SoftPerfect Connection Emulator v1.6
- Fixed simulating bandwidth cap when latency was applied to less than 100% of packets.
- Added logging packets before and after processing to a Libpcap file for further analysis.
7 June 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.8
- Added getting MAC addresses from port security configuration entries.
- Added getting MAC addresses from port security authentication data.
- Updated the MAC address vendor database.
21 May 2015
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager v3.1.2
- Added custom header and footer for the web-report and made it HTML5 compliant.
- Fixed a deadlock when database restore took a while and a race condition occured.
11 May 2015
SoftPerfect NetWorx v5.4
- Added Y-axis labels rounding to good-looking values on the graph, e.g. 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K.
- Added logarithmic scale on the graph to enable showing very small and very large values together.
- Added a monthly total in daily auto reports and HTML reports are sent inline, not as attachment.
- Added SNMPv3 support for monitoring the router (see the hidden settings).
29 April 2015
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager v3.1.1
- Added a new type of date-bound rule. Now a rule can become active for one day in a month.
- Added quota boost support to allow users to have a temporary quota extension within a period.
- Added notifications emailed when a quota boost is added to let the user know about the extension.
23 April 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.7
- Fixed VLAN detection for certain Cisco switches.
- Added sorting MAC addresses per port in the output.
- Added CDP and LLDP discovery for info about connected devices.
- Added Connect to Router and Connect to Switch commands in device info.
- Added the /switch and /router command line params to the GUI version.
- Added the /column switch to the console version to restrict printable output.
20 April 2015
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.6
- Added menu items for nested bookmarks to apply bookmarks as a group.
- Added showing the contents of a regex capture group rather than a match itself.
- Added basic HTTP authentication support for Remote XML to access protected devices.
- Fixed stripping control characters that could leak into columns. Improved saving columns.
19 April 2015
SoftPerfect NetWorx v5.3.5
- Fixed text overlapping in the bar chart and use the thousand separator by default.
- Fixed initialisation of the UPnP router monitoring if it wasn't ready on startup.
- Added automatic reports saved to a file or sent by e-mail.
22 March 2015
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager v3.1.0
- Added DPI based bandwidth throttling for users violating network policies.
- Added quota expiry info and received/sent amounts in the web-report.
- Added custom labels for received/sent data in both the UI and web-reports.
- Added displaying user emails and notifications in main view (View - Columns).
- Changed web-reports: for rules with a quota only output records for the period.
22 March 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.6
- Fixed reporting speed for 10 Gb and faster interfaces.
- Fixed save/load of error and discard counters from XML files.
- Added getting additional MAC addresses from dot1xAuthStatsTable.
- Added getting VLANs configured on a switch and VLAN membership.
- Added remembering last selected and used device in the GUI version.
- Added command line switches /switch and /router to the GUI version.
17 March 2015
SoftPerfect NetWorx v5.3.4
- Added a hidden setting for virtual adapters monitoring ignored by default.
- Fixed firing off-peak notifications as they were sometimes not processed.
- Fixed graph disappearance when clicking the desktop in Hide Graph on Full Screen.
- Added Properties and Open File Location menu options in the application view.
- Added experimental workaround for routers with incorrect UPnP implementation.
- Added getting process name from the kernel for reliable application names reporting.
- Updated languages, filter drivers, done numerous minor fixes and improvements.
16 March 2015
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.5
- Fixed crash on systems not supporting IPv6 where IPv6 related options were enabled.
- Fixed crash when launched from a task scheduler with no visible desktop and taskbar.
- Fixed an issue with MAC-based friendly names during rescanning and adding new names.