Our latest news, software releases and updates
8 August 2015
SoftPerfect NetWorx v5.4.1
- Added rounding to good-looking values in the usage report barchart.
- Added hidden settings to show/hide dial-up and on/off-peak features.
- Added a warning if DB is not writable or can't be created on disk.
- Added dialog to allow to reset to a set value other than zero.
- Minor bug fixes and improved Windows 10 compatibility.
20 July 2015
SoftPerfect WiFi Guard v1.0.6
- Added custom command execution on detection of unknown devices.
- Replaced XML config storage with a more reliable SQLite database.
- Several minor tweaks and fixes throughout the application.
- Linux version has been discontinued due to low demand.
19 July 2015
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.7
- Added an option to allow ARP outside current subnet.
- Added adapter name in the auto detection dialog.
- Added official Windows 10 support.
16 July 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.9
- Added /fullrow in the console version and an option in the GUI to allow repeating values in output.
- Added respecting the column order and visibility when saving to a CSV/HTML file from the GUI.
- Added respecting the column order when using the /column switch in the console version.
22 June 2015
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager v3.1.3
- Updated the DPI engine and added support of Vevo, Pandora and QUIC.
- Added a couple of default IPv6 local address ranges in the LAN filter.
- Fixed an interoperability issue between 32-bit GUI and 64-bit core.
16 June 2015
SoftPerfect Connection Emulator v1.6
- Fixed simulating bandwidth cap when latency was applied to less than 100% of packets.
- Added logging packets before and after processing to a Libpcap file for further analysis.
7 June 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.8
- Added getting MAC addresses from port security configuration entries.
- Added getting MAC addresses from port security authentication data.
- Updated the MAC address vendor database.
21 May 2015
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager v3.1.2
- Added custom header and footer for the web-report and made it HTML5 compliant.
- Fixed a deadlock when database restore took a while and a race condition occured.
11 May 2015
SoftPerfect NetWorx v5.4
- Added Y-axis labels rounding to good-looking values on the graph, e.g. 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K.
- Added logarithmic scale on the graph to enable showing very small and very large values together.
- Added a monthly total in daily auto reports and HTML reports are sent inline, not as attachment.
- Added SNMPv3 support for monitoring the router (see the hidden settings).
29 April 2015
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager v3.1.1
- Added a new type of date-bound rule. Now a rule can become active for one day in a month.
- Added quota boost support to allow users to have a temporary quota extension within a period.
- Added notifications emailed when a quota boost is added to let the user know about the extension.
23 April 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.7
- Fixed VLAN detection for certain Cisco switches.
- Added sorting MAC addresses per port in the output.
- Added CDP and LLDP discovery for info about connected devices.
- Added Connect to Router and Connect to Switch commands in device info.
- Added the /switch and /router command line params to the GUI version.
- Added the /column switch to the console version to restrict printable output.
20 April 2015
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.6
- Added menu items for nested bookmarks to apply bookmarks as a group.
- Added showing the contents of a regex capture group rather than a match itself.
- Added basic HTTP authentication support for Remote XML to access protected devices.
- Fixed stripping control characters that could leak into columns. Improved saving columns.
19 April 2015
SoftPerfect NetWorx v5.3.5
- Fixed text overlapping in the bar chart and use the thousand separator by default.
- Fixed initialisation of the UPnP router monitoring if it wasn't ready on startup.
- Added automatic reports saved to a file or sent by e-mail.
22 March 2015
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager v3.1.0
- Added DPI based bandwidth throttling for users violating network policies.
- Added quota expiry info and received/sent amounts in the web-report.
- Added custom labels for received/sent data in both the UI and web-reports.
- Added displaying user emails and notifications in main view (View - Columns).
- Changed web-reports: for rules with a quota only output records for the period.
22 March 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.6
- Fixed reporting speed for 10 Gb and faster interfaces.
- Fixed save/load of error and discard counters from XML files.
- Added getting additional MAC addresses from dot1xAuthStatsTable.
- Added getting VLANs configured on a switch and VLAN membership.
- Added remembering last selected and used device in the GUI version.
- Added command line switches /switch and /router to the GUI version.
17 March 2015
SoftPerfect NetWorx v5.3.4
- Added a hidden setting for virtual adapters monitoring ignored by default.
- Fixed firing off-peak notifications as they were sometimes not processed.
- Fixed graph disappearance when clicking the desktop in Hide Graph on Full Screen.
- Added Properties and Open File Location menu options in the application view.
- Added experimental workaround for routers with incorrect UPnP implementation.
- Added getting process name from the kernel for reliable application names reporting.
- Updated languages, filter drivers, done numerous minor fixes and improvements.
16 March 2015
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.5
- Fixed crash on systems not supporting IPv6 where IPv6 related options were enabled.
- Fixed crash when launched from a task scheduler with no visible desktop and taskbar.
- Fixed an issue with MAC-based friendly names during rescanning and adding new names.
25 February 2015
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.4
- Fixed sending ARP requests outside current subnet to resolve MAC addresses.
- Fixed using old IP addresses in DHCP Discovery and the IP detection dialog.
- Added support for multiple ranges on the /range command line switch.
- Added checkmarks allowing to show/hide third-party applications.
- Added a built-in credential manager and "try-all-logins" feature.
- Added password encryption in config files (except SNMP passwords).
- Added a custom font option for the main view in the settings.
23 February 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.5
- Added a configuration setting to change the default tree font.
- Fixed a search issue where invisible rows were not searched.
29 January 2015
SoftPerfect Switch Port Mapper v1.0.4
- Added SNMP discovery tool for locating switches and routers.
- Fixed a freeze and updated the MAC address vendor database.
19 January 2015
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.3
- Added an option to strip domain names out of group membership output.
- Added sorting and rearranging bookmarks in the bookmark manager.
- Fixed XML parser error with multiple nodes in UPnP discovery.
- Fixed import errors with host names that contain dashes.
10 December 2014
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.2
- Fixed painting odd/even rows and loading in-folder config files.
- Fixed transposing default WOL address when converting old config.
- Added service name lookup to display a service name rather than port number.
- Added a progress indicator in downloading MAC address and service definitions.
3 December 2014
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0.1
- Added DHCPv6 server discovery and their AD status.
- Fixed friendly names conversion from the previous version.
- Fixed application variables conversion from the previous version.
- Fixed an issue when scanning for LAN group and NetBios was used.
1 December 2014
SoftPerfect Network Scanner v6.0
- Added complete IPv6 support: a range scan and neighbour discovery.
- Added authentication when enumerating shares, not only when testing writability.
- Added getting a list of installed applications read from the registry.
- Heaps of tweaks and fixes throughout the application.
23 November 2014
SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager v3.0.9
- Added a warning when the LAN filter and bridging are used together.
- Added Telegram and VHUA to the DPI engine; better detection of other protocols.
- Fixed a driver issue with MTU on RAS connections and a WinGate compatibility issue.
- Updated the underlying XML and SQLite engine for faster handling of large rulesets.