Feature request: Saved Views

Started by hallen

hallen

Feature request: Saved Views   22 March 2013, 00:47

I just wanted to start off by saying how much I like this product! I use it almost daily and am always happy with how fast and flexible it is.

What I was wondering is if it would be possible to create "Saved Views". By this I mean that I would like to configure one set of columns for a specific type of device. For example, I would like to create a set of columns for viewing PC related information like processor, memory, OS Version, etc. and name it "PCs". Then create another set of columns called "Printers" for viewing printer related information like SNMP calls to get toner levels and page counts. So basically I would like to be able to save different groupings of columns and switch between them. Additionally, it would be awesome if one scan would populate all of the columns in each of my "Saved Views" so that I could switch between them without re-running the network scan.

Thanks again for making such a useful product.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Feature Request - Saved views   22 March 2013, 12:13

The network scanner allows this through the use of loadable configuration files, so you not only can have scan-specific columns but also any other specific settings related to a particular scan type. For example, you could configure it for "Printers" scan and save that configuration file as printers. Then configure it for "Computers hardware info" and save it as a separate file too. See Current Config - Save/Load from file in the main menu.
hallen

Re: Saved Views   22 March 2013, 23:05

That works! Thanks!

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.