Customizing XML log file

Started by Ari

Ari

Customizing XML log file   08 January 2014, 00:30

Hello,

Is there a possibility to customize the xml file? I would like to see only Readonly and Writable Share in the file. I know i can do it after importing the log in Excel but i would like to create my own Log and save it. So i do not have to do all the editing every week again.

Thanks for answering my request and for your help.

Regards,
Ari
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: customizing LogFile   08 January 2014, 09:47

The XML file? Are you sure you are importing a XML file in Excel (and not CSV, or HTML)?
Ari

Re: customizing LogFile   08 January 2014, 17:03

Yes i'm importing the log file as xml, but does it makes any different? Beceause the question for me is mor if i can customize the log file. For Example when i Importing the File i got following Row's:

title date from to noncontiguous disabled extra ip-address folder attributes sharesec readers writers hostname mac-address response-time port sharesec2 readers3 writers4 dns tftp ntp nbns snmp services

registry remfile wmi membership remxml

And i nead for my report and only the following Row's:

ip-address folder attributes

After that i would like to filter it and get only the folder with the Attributes: "Readonly" and "writable"
to see witch shares are open

I hope i could explane what i wanna do and what my target is.

Regards,

Ari
Ari Zaugg

Re: customizing LogFile   09 January 2014, 18:53

Hi Andrew,

I checked, if i wanna import it from csv or html it does not show the share information. only in xml i got all the expand information. Should it work also with csv?

Regards,
Ari

Re: customizing LogFile   09 January 2014, 19:48

After that i would like to filter it and get only the folder with the Attributes: "Readonly" and "writable"
to see witch shares are open

Understood. I will make it possible shortly.

I checked, if i wanna import it from csv or html it does not show the share information. only in xml i got all the expand information. Should it work also with csv?

It's up to MS Excel how to interpret it. That's why I was surprised to know it can now chew XML files.

Anyway, I'll add a way to filter certain types of folder and export that to all the supported formats.

Should be early next week. Stay tuned wink

Re: customizing LogFile   09 January 2014, 21:16

Added in the latest build. Let me know how it works for you.

SoftPerfect support forum
Ari Zaugg

Re: customizing LogFile   11 January 2014, 00:46

Hi Andrew,

First, you are the best laugh
Seconde it looks for me so far really good and it helps already a lot. Is not perfect but it goes the way i was looking for. I will have a deeper look next week in it. And will wright again if there are some questions.

Again thanks for your fast answer and great work.

Regards,

Ari
Ari

Re: customizing LogFile   15 January 2014, 19:05

Hi Andrew,

Is there any posibillity to do the search not only on share permission also on NTFS permission? I would like to see also where i got access on NTFS level?

Regards,
Ari

Re: customizing LogFile   15 January 2014, 20:42

Not in the current release. We are planning to implement retrieving NTFS and effective permissions.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.