Multiple IP ranges get obscured on restart

Started by Jake

Jake

Multiple IP ranges get obscured on restart   03 April 2020, 10:47

Hi,
I might have found a small glitch. Steps:
  1. Add at least three IPv4 address using the green '+' button.
  2. Hit Scan, wait for the scan to complete.
  3. Exit program using File - Exit, or 'X' of the main window.
  4. Launch the program again.
The multiple IP ranges added in step 1 are now vertically truncated and only display one IPv4 range.
This may happen with other types of IP ranges, but I only use IPv4, so I haven't been able to test that.

If you then go on to click the green '+' button or resize the window, the vertical space will be restored. I've noticed that does not happen all the time - it seems to be related to the window size and maybe position too.

For your info, I'm at 4k and 150% scaling on Win10x64. Let me know if I can help any further with it.

Hope this helps and you guys are keeping safe.

Best Regards,
Jake

Update:

I've spent the morning opening and closing NetScanner and checking the View - Width value in netscan.xml (line 1234) trying to get a reproducible test case for you. I found that it is related to the width of the program window and that there is no need to run a scan to produce this behaviour. If I set the View - Width parm to >= 2238 then the behaviour occurs.

Running the application resizing the window width >= 2238 (I assume pixels is the unit in the xml), then closing and re-opening produces the issue (for me). The windows height does not seem to matter.

So my updated steps are:
  1. Start the program, add three IPv4 ranges.
  2. Resize the window width to >= 2238.
  3. Close the program, then open again.
Let me know if I can help any more.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Multiple IP ranges get obscured on restart   03 April 2020, 11:07

Thank you for reporting this issue and for the detailed description of how to reproduce it. It was very helpful!

Although the exact cause of the glitch is unclear (most likely one of the quirks of the underlying library), we have added a simple workaround that resizes the inputs once the initialisation is completed. Please download the updated build and it should resolve the problem.
Jake

Re: Multiple IP ranges get obscured on restart   03 April 2020, 11:39

That's done it, thank you.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.