Auto Run feature improvement suggestion

Started by -rp-

-rp-

Auto Run feature improvement suggestion   17 December 2015, 06:32

Hi,

I have been using a RAM disk for couple of days now because of some silly application that insists on updating a file once a minute (with no relevant information). Works just fine...

After playing with it a bit more, I discovered the Auto Run feature. This is definitely a good idea but it needs at least two improvements:
1) the ability to add a working directory
2) an option to start the application minimized

As an alternative, the ability to use a link which would contain this information.

Thanks...
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Auto Run feature improvement request   17 December 2015, 16:12

This could be achieved by adding the start command where you can use /MIN, /MAX and /D to specify the starting folder. For more info open a command prompt and type start /?

In order to add the start command and parameters simply double-click a line to edit it.

SoftPerfect support forum
-rp-

Re: Auto Run feature improvement request   17 December 2015, 16:50

Thanks, but I know that...

I don't like using cmd.exe (start) to start an application, for one you always have a window flashing on the screen briefly.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Auto Run feature improvement suggestion   17 December 2015, 17:51

Then I guess you can simply create a shortcut (*.lnk) file, set the required parameters and enter its name instead. The RAM Disk won't let you add a file name with .lnk, but you can specify it by editing a line.
-rp-

Re: Auto Run feature improvement suggestion   17 December 2015, 19:11

Interesting, and it seems to work.

However, in the case of my application, the directory is set correctly but it crashes every time it gets started by the RAM Disk Manager. I tried a few variations, different directory for the LNK file but no difference.

For now I'll put it back into the Startup folder, where it was working just fine with the RAM disk, since it gets created at boot time.

Like I said, I was just playing with it since it's new...

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.