V3.4.8 will not install

Started by mapks

V3.4.8 will not install   05 October 2016, 15:05

Tried updating to latest version 3.4.8 and followed the prompts to uninstall/save xml/reboot. When i return to desktop and try to install RD tells me a previous version is installed. I followed Forum suggestion of removing .sys files and reg removal to which was futile.

Restored system (thank goodness i made a restore point) and RD returned with 3.4.7 version.
Then i saved xml again, reset temp files to system and unmounted drive. then Tried Revo Uninstaller Pro and removed the program as i saw the sys and registry entries on screen for deletion.
Rebooted.
Same annoying message about previous install found...
System restored and version 3.4.7 returns.
Please fix RD to become user (un nerving) friendly at upgrading. Having to uninstall and rebooting and all with no success is irritating.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: V3.4.8 will not install   05 October 2016, 15:55

If thew new version says an older version is installed, it means one of the registry keys is there. In this case, please follow this guide on how to remove the leftovers and then install the new one.

Re: V3.4.8 will not install   05 October 2016, 19:30

Thank you. That was precisely the information (From earlier post--I followed Forum suggestion of removing .sys files and reg removal to which was futile.)
After Windows Uninstall....I checked the 'suggestion'- Sys files/Reg Entries and program location and those attributes were not to be found so i rebooted and lo and behold afterwards the same message.[repeating first post.]
RD would not install.

Last night i saved XML file, changed temp file location/ unmounted disk, and then uninstalled program. rebooted. check the 'suggestion' , as no program folder existed, registry keys not located, and sys files not found.

Great
so I tried to install V3.4.8 and same message appeared.

Frustrated.

Re: V3.4.8 will not install   05 October 2016, 21:02

I understand your frustration, but here's the exact code we are using. It's pretty straightforward.

If it finds the registry above-mentioned registry keys, it means they are really present - sorry that's all I can say.

Re: V3.4.8 will not install   08 October 2016, 06:00

Thank you. I see and understand but none of that changes the fact that having verified the registry and folder with the mentioned entries and files are in fact gone. the 3.4.8 installer will not move past that point.

Re: V3.4.8 will not install   08 October 2016, 11:35

Can you perhaps run the Process Monitor to see what registry keys the installer checks for and with what result?

In my tests this happens when the registry key is present and the install does not proceed:

SoftPerfect support forum

This happens when the registry key is not present and the install proceeds normally:

SoftPerfect support forum

Re: V3.4.8 will not install   08 October 2016, 14:20

Finally! I was able to clean out RD by starting with Registry, except i did not find the vvramd entry, and then returned the temp folder to the system folder and then exited the program. The system32 files were locked so i rebooted and then removed them and then rebooted and RD installer then loaded.

Summary steps:
1. Backup XML file to Desktop
2. Returned TEMP folders to Windows.
3. Unmounted Ram Drive
4. In the Systray, Right-clicked on Icon and exited the program.
5. Regedit to location and removed entries [However, vvramd was not found]
6. Deleted Program files in Ramdisk Folder
7. made shortcut to desktop from SYSTEM32 folder for the .sys files
8. Rebooted
9. Followed shortcut to SYSTEM32 folder and deleted .sys files
10. Rebooted
11. Ran v3.4.8 installer
12. Reloaded XML file

Worked...
Thank you

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.