RAM Disk not auto-executing a batch file on startup

Started by joebywan

RAM Disk not auto-executing a batch file on startup   21 August 2015, 16:50

I'm using the ram disk to host a minecraft server for the house.

I've setup in the applications section to execute the batch file that starts the server. I rebooted the server and it didn't execute the batch file. I know this because I setup some test code in it to create a file on the hard drive so I can check for it to see if the file ran. If I execute it manually it works fine. This is on the latest version of the ram disk software. Is there any other information I should provide? Anything I can try?

I'd like to set this up so that if the computer the server runs on restarts, it will automatically restart the server when it finishes booting.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: RAM Disk not auto-executing a batch file on startup   21 August 2015, 18:56

After the system boots up, does the RAM Disk GUI start as well (the notification area icon)?

Please post here a screen shot of how you added the batch file to be launched.

Re: Ram Disk not auto-executing file on startup   22 August 2015, 15:59

SoftPerfect support forum

I add it in the Tools>Applications section

F: is the ram disk so the batch is stored on the ram disk.

The icon appears in the system tray.

I thought maybe it was an issue with having to login, so I set it to auto-login. No change unfortunately.

Re: Ram Disk not auto-executing file on startup   22 August 2015, 17:35

That's strange, it's supposed to work unless the file doesn't exist or the user doesn't automatically log on.

I guess in this case I'd recommend to launch the BAT file using a regular Windows way to see if that works.

Re: Ram Disk not auto-executing file on startup   25 August 2015, 06:21

Is there a way to enable some sort of debugging to see if it's trying to execute the batch before the ram disk is mounted, or if it's just not trying at all?

Re: RAM Disk not auto-executing a batch file on startup   25 August 2015, 15:47

It's trying to execute it after all RAM disks have been mounted. This is the point of this feature, to execute something that uses a RAM disk, to make sure it's executed after the RAM is ready.

Unfortunately there is no debugging functionality, but you can try to add some other apps, e.g. calc.exe to see if those are launched.

Re: RAM Disk not auto-executing a batch file on startup   27 August 2015, 10:57

Copied calc.exe to the ramdisk, set it up as an app to run, and doesn't run it. I removed the batch I was initially trying to run to ensure it wasn't causing an issue and stopping it running anymore apps. Any other suggestions?

Re: RAM Disk not auto-executing a batch file on startup   27 August 2015, 19:19

What I meant is try running calc.exe from where it's normally located, i.e. c:\Windows\System32\calc.exe using the autorun feature.

If it launches while your script does not, that would suggest either the RAM Disk is not mounted or there is no batch file on it when the software attempts to launch it.
Indigian

Re: RAM Disk not auto-executing a batch file on startup   26 September 2015, 04:08

Does the 'image' have your script on or did you add it once it was booted?
FarAway

Re: RAM Disk not auto-executing a batch file on startup   09 December 2015, 05:30

Same problem. Is there a decision?

Re: RAM Disk not auto-executing a batch file on startup   09 December 2015, 10:00

Nope, the OP disappeared without providing the necessary details. Perhaps you could provide the details, since you have a similar issue?

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.