Missing Google Chrome item in my instance of Cache Relocator

Started by Shurhen

Missing Google Chrome item in my instance of Cache Relocator   10 December 2021, 17:27

Hello!
I am missing Google Chrome item in my instance of Cache Relocator on Windows11, therefore I can't relocate Chrome temp folder (see attachment).
How can I fix this?
Attachments:
open | download – CacheRelocator.png (26.9 KB)

Re: Missing Google Chrome item in my instance of Cache Relocator   11 December 2021, 11:05

+ feat.req. - manual option to choose your portable browser's cache directory, now I see app searches only installed browsers
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Missing Google Chrome item in my instance of Cache Relocator   13 December 2021, 12:02

It sounds like you are using a portable version of Chrome. It is not supported as there is no official portable version from Google.

Assuming you are using portable Chrome from PortableApps.com, unlike the installed Chrome it doesn't use the profile folder for the cache. Instead the cache is temporarily created in %TEMP% when you start it and is deleted when you close it. So there is nothing to redirect really.

You may want to point the %TMP% and %TEMP% environment variables to a RAM disk, so the portable Chrome cache will be created there too. In our RAM Disk there is a special function to redirect Windows temporary folders as shown below, although this can be done manually too.

SoftPerfect support forum

Re: Missing Google Chrome item in my instance of Cache Relocator   13 December 2021, 20:17

Thanx for the hint.
1. It's ultraeasy to make Chrome portable by hand.
2. We will still benefit of moving PROFILE\CRASHPAD , GRSHADERCACHE, SHADERCACHE and DEFAULT\GPUCACHE, and possibly SERVICE WORKER folders to RAMdisk.

Re: Missing Google Chrome item in my instance of Cache Relocator   17 December 2021, 23:35

Thanx for answer. Google Chrome was installed using chocolatey. Maybe that's why.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.