Recommended system requirements

Started by Mark

Mark

Recommended system requirements   22 May 2019, 09:43

Hello. My research indicates that your Connection Emulator tool may be a perfect fit for one of my projects.

That said, I want to ensure that the device we install it on (using bridging) has appropriate resources available so as to not inadvertently interfere with the results of our testing. Might you be able to provide me with recommendations for system requirements? Am thinking a PC with an i5, 8GB RAM and dual NICs would likely be sufficient but would like to confirm.

Thank you!
Mark
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Recommended system requirements   22 May 2019, 10:27

The system requirements mainly depend on the throughput Connection Emulator will be handling. As a rough guide, an i5 with 8GB RAM should be sufficient to handle 200-300 Mbps. Generally, the maximum throughput it can handle is about 500 Mbps.

If the 30-second session limit in the free trial makes it hard to evaluate the software when bridging is used, simply send a message to our help desk with your contact details, and we will give you a temporary licence for full testing.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.