Bandwidth Manager 2013

Started by Andrew

Phil

Bandwidth Manager 2013   22 June 2013, 12:05

I'm currently using BWM Lite 2.9.10 which I paid $35 in 2008. I have around 50 rules configured.

In regard to the upgrade offer email I received at the end of April: the "Purchasing information" on your web site it appears that the Lite version is now free and will only allow 5 rules. The Standard version is $49 and will allow 500 rules.

- does this mean that if I upgrade my Lite version I will be limited to 5 rules ?

thanks & regards, Phil
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Bandwidth Manager 2013   22 June 2013, 15:33

Hi Phil,

No, we have reworked the editions and the feature set across the editions.

Your license for the Lite edition has been converted to the current Professional edition, and even then without the limitation of a number of rules.

That's why you have a new license key in the email.
whendi

Bandwidth Manager 2013   25 July 2013, 00:54

Hi Andrew, it's me again.

I have a problem to redirect port 3128. I follow the bwm's instruction, how to make port mapping but its no work..:S i try to restart computer, uninstall - install bwm, still not work. My bwm ver 3.03. Could you help me?
Thanks, Whendi

Bandwidth Manager 2013   25 July 2013, 09:16

Hi Whendi,

What version of Windows is it happening on?
whendi

Bandwidth Manager 2013   25 July 2013, 11:51

Hi Andrew,

My squid running on windows server 2008 r2.
Softperfect BWM 3.03.

Please help.
Thanks, Whendi

Bandwidth Manager 2013   25 July 2013, 13:31

This could be because of an issue with the port mapping when a network card had both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses assigned.

I recommend to try the latest build as the issue has been fixed. Also disable the built-in Windows firewall completely.

Please let me know if this helps.
whendi

Bandwidth Manager 2013   26 July 2013, 14:10

Andrew,

i still got a problem. i turn off windows firewall, i installed new bwm. It's not solved.
I have a question, when i go to -add a rule, -Advanced page, -and mapping, there is a "port" option. what is the meaning of this port? what should i do, leave it default (any) or specific?
I so confused, Your tutorial not mention this port.
whendi.

Bandwidth Manager 2013   26 July 2013, 14:31

It's what outgoing ports you want to redirect.

For example, if the rule catches all connections from a user, it only makes sense to redirect port 80 to Squid. Attempting to redirect any other traffic to it may result in an unpredictable result as Squid does not know what to do with it.

I need to see your entire ruleset, please save it to a DB file and post here (or a link to it).
whendi

Bandwidth Manager 2013   26 July 2013, 16:05

So, it's mean as same as ports on destination page, is'nt it?
whendi

Bandwidth Manager 2013   26 July 2013, 20:28

Dear Andrew,

Port Maping working well nowsmile. i recommend to my collegues to use Softperfect Bandwidth. This Software and Supporting team is really good.....ok, yes, thumb up, cheerrs, whendi.

Bandwidth Manager 2013   08 August 2013, 18:25

Hi Andrew
congratulations for getting BWM back to life again.. smile after long time waiting..
I'm using Kerio control (Linux build), they suppressed windows versions starting from v8.xx
I use it as VMware image and I need to know how to get BWM work with new kerio ?

what I need to know, can I make another VMware windows image and install BWM on it, and use BWM Bridging feature ???
does this method make bandwidth manager work as expected?
and most of all.. does PORT mapping will work at this scenario ?

I want to use port mapping to redirect port 80 to a welcome page
what I need to do is like this:
Kerio control (Linux machine) as a gateway -------> BWM bridged (windows machine) ----> clients

I remember there was a bug at old BWM versions that cause bridging get lost after system restart.. or when u specify a network interface in rules , didn't get saved and back to "Any interfaces" ..
Does this issue get fixed in BWM v3.xx ????

Thank You...

Bandwidth Manager 2013   08 August 2013, 19:33

I am not sure if bridging would work in a virtual machine, since it depends on whether the promiscuous mode is available and how the virtual networking is implemented. Grab a trial version and try it out. The bug with disappearing bridges is now fixed smile

Bandwidth Manager 2013   09 August 2013, 04:07

Hello,
I have a standard license which you've given me in exchange for translating the old version to Arabic back in 2007 or 2008. Is there any chance that I could get a new license, please?

Thank you.

Bandwidth Manager 2013   09 August 2013, 10:34

Sure, please email me via our support facility.

Bandwidth Manager 2013   11 August 2013, 12:01

I am not sure if bridging would work in a virtual machine.................. Grab a trial version and try it out.

OK.. I'll try it and post the result..

I installed the latest version 3.0.3 to try it.. and imported an old Rules from version 2.xx
importing process succeeded. BUT didn't import "MAC address match" for every rule

Old rules have a "MAC address match" feature enabled, and had a specific mac address to match for every rule.. but after importing to new 3.0.3, I got nothing.

I hop to fix this , it's hard work to put back every mac address for every rule manually smile

Thanks Andrew...

Bandwidth Manager 2013   12 August 2013, 14:52

Please post your XML file here or email it through support and I will get this fixed for you.
Sid-Ali

Exception Errors with BWM   20 August 2013, 01:50

Good day Andrew,

I have several exception errors when shutting down Windows. The first one is coming from BMcore.exe

Any know situation? Can you please help on that? Many thanks.

Bandwidth Manager 2013   20 August 2013, 08:35

Post here the exact exception message(s) and any messages from the Bandwidth Manager's log.
Sid-Ali

Bandwidth Manager 2013   24 August 2013, 23:40

Hello Andrew,

I have several messages (translated below from the French version of Windows XP SP2) when shutting down:

BMCore.exe: Exception error 0x0eedfade at 0x7c812aeb

in addition to:

"Application error. The instruction at "0x00403580" referenced memory at "0x00f5c98c". The memory could not be "read."

"Application error. The instruction at "0x00641c57" referenced memory at "0x0101af04". The memory could not be "read."

Thanks.

Bandwidth Manager 2013   25 August 2013, 10:49

These are the messages from Windows error log. Unfortunately that's not sufficient to determine the cause. I need to see the error messages from the bandwidth manager's log please.

Even better, please export all your rules to a .DB file and email it to me via support facility.

Re: Bandwidth Manager 2013   29 March 2014, 16:17

Here is my post about port mapping: Port mapping confirmed to work with this scenario wink
Ronny

Re: Bandwidth Manager 2013   25 July 2014, 06:45

Hi Andrew,

Would it be possible for you to add dropbox, Google Drive, etc to the DPI? It would be a great help to shape dropbox and Google Drive.

Thanks

Re: Bandwidth Manager 2013   25 July 2014, 13:03

There is DropBox already. Hopefully we can add Google Drive soon.

SoftPerfect support forum
Ronny

Re: Bandwidth Manager 2013   25 July 2014, 23:19

Thank you, I did not see it shocked or surprised maybe I should get more sleep laugh

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.