Problems with v5.2.8

Started by Jody

Jody

Problems with v5.2.8   16 May 2013, 07:06

Since installing v5.2.8, I'm seeing all kinds of crazy traffic numbers on my Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) machine. When I say crazy, I mean traffic rates > 290Mb/s, which are of course incorrect. I do not have any problems if I reinstall the old version. Anyone else having this kind of problem?
Tarrant

Problems with v5.2.8   16 May 2013, 15:46

I also had this problem with v5.2.8....everytime i saw the rate was more than 200MB/s..
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Problems with v5.2.8   16 May 2013, 19:17

You just need to choose ONE specific network interface to monitor in the settings.

As installed NetWorx is monitoring all traffic on all network interfaces, possibly including local traffic or multiple adapters including virtual and dial-up ones and sums it all up.

This results in incorrect readings.

Problems with v5.2.8   19 May 2013, 19:08

I've also noticed that networx 5.2.8 seems to double my internet speed, i.e. log it via 2 interfaces. However, 5.2.7 didn't do this, and I used the same settings. That is, 5.2.7 (portable) worked as expected, then I installed 5.2.8 over it (portable, keeping the ini file with settings). The problem popped up. Switching back to 5.2.7 (portable, keeping the ini file with settings), made the problem go away. I monitor 'All connections'. It thus seems 5.2.7 and 5.2.8 have different behavior.

The doubling may be caused by the VirtualBox virtual network adapted, but he question remains why this was not a problem in 5.2.7, and is now a problem in 5.2.8.

Furthermore, how do I solve this problem? I can't switch to all ethernet, as that seems to include the virtual ethernet adapters as well. I would have to choose a specific network card interface. This is because the selection is a drop-down box, where I can only select one of the alternatives. It would perhaps be nice to be change this a list with checkboxes, to allow selecting multiple interfaces, for absolute fine control over what is monitored. That way, I could select my physical ethernet card interfaces (I have 2 ethernet cards), as well as my physical wireless card interface.

I realize that selecting 'all ethernet connections' together with a specific ethernet interface would lead do duplication as well. This could be solved by:
- displaying a warning in case of overlap, to indicate this potential problemt the user. This still allows one to have the duplication, in case one wanted to have it (not sure why one would want to though)
- making certain composite options (all connections, all ethernet connections, etc) mutually exclusive with respect to the individual interfaces that they comprise. This could be done by enabling/disabling entries that conflict with finer/broader, already checked interfaces. It could then still be a list of items with checkboxes.
- using separate lists for categories (ethernet, dial-up, wireless, etc) and having a separate option above the lists to monitor them all (sort of the 'all ethernet connections', etc). Selecting monitor all for a category would make the list of specific interfaces disabled. There could then also be an overall option to monitor everything. Selecting this option would make the lists and monitor all options for the categories disabled.

To summarize:
- 5.2.7 and 5.2.8 behave differently: why?
- Would it be possible to allow more fine graned control over what is monitored?

Problems with v5.2.8   19 May 2013, 23:28

Because 5.2.7 ignored VirtualBox adapters, but it had a side effect such as those adapters could not be monitored when needed, and in some systems with third-party filtering applications it also led to ignoring physical adapters. So 5.2.8 no longer ignores VirtualBox adapters.

Yes, it will be possible in the future release to select whatever one or more individual adapters to monitor.

Problems with v5.2.8   20 May 2013, 00:16

> Yes, it will be possible in the future release to select whatever one or more individual adapters to monitor.

OK, thanks!
piyush

Problems with v5.2.8   21 May 2013, 00:41

can anyone provide me 5.2.7 version becoz i deleted it and installed 5.2.8.now having this incorrect speed problem
PeterScott

Problems with v5.2.8   17 June 2013, 11:18

Yes, Please someone give us 5.2.7. That was byte perfect for me. Now it is totally useless.

Problems with v5.2.8   17 June 2013, 19:24

If you read the third message above you will find out how to turn useless into useful by changing one simple setting.

Problems with v5.2.8   02 July 2013, 02:54

I just tried 5.2.8 again, and selected only my ethernet adapter, not any virtual one, etc. It showed double the maximum speed of the adapter. So, even if I select a specific adapter, I still get the unwanted doubling of the speed...
Jaime

Problems with v5.2.8   02 July 2013, 05:12

Same here

Windows 7 64

Real rate right now D:335k/s

Indicated D:1.7G
U: 56M

No other traffic in net
Manham

Problems with v5.2.8   15 July 2013, 05:00

Where can I download v5.2.7 ?

I select one adapter but 5.2.8.give me incorrect problem
Thanks

Problems with v5.2.8   15 July 2013, 08:29

PeterScott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, Please someone give us 5.2.7. That was byte
> perfect for me.
Hi Peter,

It's a good idea to keep a folder of install files (for all apps, not just Networx) and only delete the 'old' version(s) once you're happy with the 'new' version. Create a folder with a name that includes the version # and date (include the date because Networx has multiple releases with the same version # but different dates). Keep a change log with the install file.
e.g.
v 5.2.7.0 2013-01-25 and
v 5.2.8.0 2013-05-21 beta, etc..

I keep the current version plus 3 prior versions, just in case I need them.

This tip doesn't help you get 5.2.7.0, but it might help in the future...

J

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.