Memory leak when using SNMP function

Started by whitestar_999

Memory leak when using SNMP function   15 June 2013, 11:56

i just tried the SNMP function in networx latest version & faced a memory leak problem which resulted in crashing of networx with "out of memory" error when double-clicking networx tray icon after ~6-8 hours of usage.i can confirm that this happens only when i activate the SNMP function.i tried with older version(5.2.2) & same problem.i never installed the network driver for any version & even tried the latest portable version all with same result.as soon as i activate SNMP tracking(monitor this router) memory used by networx keeps increasing continuously in task manager.i am using windows 7 SP1 x86 US edition updated to latest patches & TP-LINK 8840T wired ADSL modem.

Memory leak when using SNMP function   15 June 2013, 16:41

this is the error i get:
SoftPerfect support forum

i think this has something to do with bitdefender AV free edition because this does not happen on my laptop running same windows version which has avira free.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Memory leak when using SNMP function   17 June 2013, 05:35

Sorry, I cannot reproduce it either, must be something wrong with BitDefender that causes these memory leaks.

Memory leak when using SNMP function - Solved   21 June 2013, 23:59

I found a way to solve my issue. I installed EMET v4.0, configured to max security setting, and then added NetWorx to application list. Now it is running fine with SNMP enabled along with Bitdefender free.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.