Networx Popup Menu appears every time Networx starts

Started by Michael Brazil

Michael Brazil

Networx Popup Menu appears every time Networx starts   22 July 2013, 14:11

I'm currently running Networx 5.2.8 on XP SP3, and I usually update as soon as I'm aware an update is available.

This didn't used to happen, but lately every time Networx starts up with Windows, the Networx Popup Menu appears and remains visible until I click one of the options in the menu (I usually click Networx > About Networx and then click OK). This is annoying in that I have to do this every time I boot the computer, and it serves no purpose.

I'd like to prevent the Popup Menu from showing up unless I invoke it from the tray icon. Is there some way to accomplish this?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Networx Popup Menu appears every time Networx starts   23 July 2013, 12:03

You are somehow launching two instances of NetWorx.

It could be two networx.exe being launched from two separate folders, or somehow you ended up with two startup links to NetWorx.

I recommend to search all your disks for networx.exe, and then check where it's launched from by using this utility.
Michael Brazi

Networx Popup Menu appears every time Networx starts   23 July 2013, 14:19

Thanks. I should have thought of that. There was only one networx.exe, but there was an extra startup entry.
hello

i just posted same question on direct mail. sorry for not checking this before.

i hoped that this will solve my problem, but i do not have doubled networx.exe and that utility not even shows it in list.

so. must be something else.
i'll keep my eye on this topic, maybe someone have same problem.

thanx!

vanja

Networx Popup Menu appears every time Networx starts   26 July 2013, 09:52

Could you please post here a screen shot showing everything displayed by the WhatsInStartup utility?
no problem for screenshot. here it is.

but as i switched to portable version and starting it manually, there is all ok. maybe some glitch was in my registry, but for a long time i didn't installed or deinstalled nothing. so i'm not sure what is going on.
but, portable version is also enough for my needs.

thank you!

regards!

[The image file expired]

Networx Popup Menu appears every time Networx starts   26 July 2013, 20:34

I noticed you have got something called StarupDelayer, perhaps that's the application that launches NetWorx twice.
no, checked twice. that is little app that postpone launch of applications - like updates of jawa, steam, printers panels, usb3 ports monitors etc. and there is no networks. that was my first guess, but, no success. as i wrote earlyer, i didn't installed nothing in last few weeks, so, there was no changes in startup delayer and/or startup folder...

ok. maybe CCleaner "cleaned" something that it shouldn't, but portable version works ok. for now i'll live with that, as now i do not much spare time to dig deeper about that glitch.

in any case, thanks for quick response!

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.