Please leave Windows 2000 compatible NetWorx version available for download

Started by beerslayer

Hi,

I understand that starting with Networx version 5.2.8, support for Windows 2000 is no longer provided. I have a question and a request:

Q: Does this mean it will NOT work on Windows 2000, or just that its use isn't supported on that system and I'm on my own if I try it?

Request: Assuming that I cannot use the 5.2.9 and later releases at all under Windows 2000, please make the 5.2.7 version available for download for those of us who still have a need or desire to use it under that OS. I have virtual machines that I rely upon that still run 2000, and while I understand that you probably have good reasons for discontinuing Windows 2000 support, it would be nice to be able to download and use the latest version that DOES support it.

I can't imagine that keeping one older version available for us dinosaurs will severely impact either your server's storage space or its bandwidth usage (and if it does have a significant impact, perhaps you ought to rethink the decision to discontinue support!)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Windows 2000 compatible NetWorx version   20 August 2013, 14:58

It will not work on Windows 2000 and will complain about a missing function. Also version 5.2.7 did not already work on Windows 2000 either.

We have version 5.2.6 available to everyone still using Windows 2000:
Download Installer | Download Portable
beerslayer

Re: Please leave 5.2.7 version available for download!   26 November 2013, 12:47

Thanks, Andrew. I do appreciate it!

However, it seems to me that that link should be made available on the main download page for those who don't automatically think to look in the forums for older versions of software. Even if it's just a small text-only link, clearly labeled "Outdated version 5.2.6 for users of Windows 2000" or something to that effect, it would still be welcome.

Re: Please leave 5.2.7 version available for download!   29 November 2013, 23:31

I agree.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.