At a Glance shows Dial-Up usage in hrs & mins instead of MB/GB

Started by gspal

At a Glance shows Dial-Up usage in hrs & mins instead of MB/GB   27 December 2013, 21:19

I am from India. I have NetWorx version 5.2.2 32-bit. My operating system is Windows XP SP2 Professional. My system comprises of AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 2.70 GHz, 4 GB of actual RAM though Windows XP recognizes only up to only 3 GB. I have BSNL ADSL2 landline Huawei Modem-cum-router as well as Tata Indicom 2G CDMA USB dongle fit into a USB2 port of my desktop computer as a back-up when the landline broadband fails.

In Settings > Main > Monitored Interfaces I have put the setting as “All Connections”. Again, under Settings > Dial-up > Dial the following connection on startup I have kept it as None.

I have The Usage Report for All Users Combined under “At a Glance” for BSNL ADSL2 in MB/GB. However, for Tata Indicom USB dongle it shows only the hours and minutes of usage not the usage in MB/GB. To know the usage in MB/GB for the Tata Indicom USB dongle I have to export “Dial-UP Sessions” to Excel and then sum it up.

Can not under “At a Glance” the Tata Indicom (USB dongle) also show usage in MB/GB rather than merely hours & minutes?
Attachments:
open | download – NetWorx Dial-Up Sessions.zip (3.4 KB)
open | download – NetWorx At a Glance.zip (2.1 KB)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: At a Glance shows Dial-Up usage in hrs & mins instead of MB/GB   27 December 2013, 22:13

Added in the latest builds.

Re: At a Glance shows Dial-Up usage in hrs & mins instead of MB/GB   29 December 2013, 08:12

I have downloaded and installed Network version 5.2.11 after uninstalling the earlier version. I had taken backup from the earlier version though I have not re-imported it into the new version yet.

However, the figures under "At a Glance" continue to be the same as earlier. It continues to show the Dial-up (USB Stick) in hrs and mins and groups its usage along with that of ADSL2 (landline broadband) usage as Total Traffic. In other words I am unable to see, as earlier, usage of both connections separately.

I then tried installing the portable version in different folders - one for DSL/ADSL2 with Setup for Ethernet Connection, and another portable version in a different folder for Dial-up. I installed the Dial-up first and then ADSL2. However, on checking the icons subsequently by moving the mouse over them, both show that they are for Dial-up.shocked or surprised

Is there something that I am missing?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: At a Glance shows Dial-Up usage in hrs & mins instead of MB/GB   29 December 2013, 08:51

First, you don't need to uninstall any previous versions. NetWorx handles updates intelligently.

Secondly, you need to download the latest version from the link I provided, and not from the home page.

SoftPerfect support forum

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.