Startup error: Exception EAccessViolation in module networx.exe

Started by Pankaj Jaiswal

i am getting error after installing and restarting the pc.
after installation of networx it gets started but after restarting pc it throws error (as shown in screenshot at right) .
i have done clean new installation of my os.
upgraded and downgraded networx but nothing seems to be working it was working fine while ago but all of a sudden it started throwing error please help .

SoftPerfect support forum
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: networx startup error   19 May 2014, 00:35

This does not look like a standard and clean installation of Windows.

Looks like you're using a non-standard shell or theming which may be the culprit.
Pankaj Jaiswal

Re: networx startup error   19 May 2014, 06:35

1. Its An 1 month old installation of windows 7 when i reinstalled windows 1 month ago i installed the networx right after(no customization what so ever) it threw same error, i uninstalled it. yesterday when wandering around saw updated version of networx thought problem might got fix so i installed it , same error again so i thought of posting it here. I have tried five different versions of networx including portable ones too they all throw same error.

2. its not customized windows believe me its a simple theme file. i have learned my lesson not to play with system files for customization. so all the system files are intact and are in their places, have'nt touch them nor replaced them i.e explorer.exe, shell32.dll

3. i already told it happened all of a sudden. i was using networx on my previous installation from more than 8 months. it was working fine no problem at all. one day i restarted my pc and all of a sudden that damn error was there and been stuck since then.
Pankaj Jaiswal

Re: networx startup error   19 May 2014, 06:41

4. As i mentioned Networx has worked before on my previous installation, that installation had millions of customization including shell replacement and my current theme too. networx had worked before on that installation for months with no problem at all.

Re: networx startup error   19 May 2014, 11:56

Does the error still occur on the latest version (5.3.1)?
Pankaj Jaiswal

Re: networx startup error   20 May 2014, 01:33

yes still the same

Re: Networx startup error   20 May 2014, 10:42

In that case, please run this debug build.

Just unpack it into the installation folder, overwrite the old files and launch it. If it crashes, it should send us a bug report.
Pankaj Jaiswal

Re: Networx startup error   20 May 2014, 15:15

ok i did that it sended the bug report.. so what happens now ??

Re: Networx startup error   20 May 2014, 15:22

It didn't arrive completely for some reason. If you could post here screen shots of the bug report dialog or attach bugreport.txt if it's in that folder, that would be great.
Pankaj Jaiswal

Re: Networx startup error   21 May 2014, 20:31

Bugreport.txt uploaded found it in temp folder

Re: Networx startup error   21 May 2014, 21:15

It appears there's an issue with the date format on this system. Check it in the Regional Settings whether it's correct and has separators.
Pankaj Jaiswal

Thank youuuuuu!   21 May 2014, 22:27

oh my f**ing god shocked or surprised that stupid little thing made me format my system, I am such a stupid ..........

thank youuuuuuuuuuu for your help!!
i really appreciate it!
you are the best!
man really, great! thank you sooooo much again! smile
Pankaj Jaiswal

Re: Networx startup error   21 May 2014, 23:02

i just have one little request please add transparent background to the toolbar as an option or support for png images for background image that'd make this software awesome than anything

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.