Dial up usage entry suddenly appeared

Started by RichardMyers


Dial up usage entry suddenly appeared   01 February 2017, 09:05

I have the paid version installed on my Desktop and 3 laptops on my home network. All is working perfectly except there has suddenly appeared a "Dial up" entry for yesterday 01/30/17. I don't have any dial up capability! No dial up number, no modem connections, nothing. Any ideas? Also the U/L and D/L figures are grossly over the top.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: dial up usage suddenly appeared   01 February 2017, 10:11

Do you use VPN by any chance? It may be VPN or Mobile Broadband.

Could you please post a screenshot of the Dial-up Sessions tab?

SoftPerfect support forum

Re: dial up usage suddenly appeared   02 February 2017, 00:34

Yes I used VPN on the machine showing Dial up usage. So I guess this is normal. Interesting that Screen shot of "Weekly" shows the dial up and inflated usage, whereas "dial up only" shows zeros. I have checked with my ISP and they say there is no sign of large data down/upload for that day.
Sorry but I cant see how to insert screen shots into this message, but I guess you see what I mean by explanation above.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

  • Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.




A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:


Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.

 **    **   *******    ******   **    **        ** 
  **  **   **     **  **    **  ***   **        ** 
   ****           **  **        ****  **        ** 
    **      *******   **        ** ** **        ** 
    **            **  **        **  ****  **    ** 
    **     **     **  **    **  **   ***  **    ** 
    **      *******    ******   **    **   ******