Feature suggestion: "Keep Alive" option

Started by Incite2006

Feature suggestion: "Keep Alive" option   25 September 2019, 12:27

Hi,

I have been using your program for years and I find it excellent. What I need is to add "Keep Alive" in the Settings tab and create a LOG.txt that is stored on the computer detailed with the time / day / month with the ping.

My Internet service provider fails every few days, and I need to know when I don't have the Internet. At times when I don't have the Internet, I like to generate an audible alert.

Much appreciated.
Attachments:
open | download – Keep Alive.jpg (14.9 KB)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature suggestion: "Keep Alive" option   25 September 2019, 20:17

It appears you are looking for the existing feature called Connection Monitor.

It periodically pings a list of web-sites and if they cannot be reached, records an "Internet down" event. Likewise when the web-sites are reachable again, an "Internet up" event is recorded.

Re: Feature suggestion: "Keep Alive" option   26 September 2019, 05:41

First of all thank you for your time, and for all the updates you make that fulfill their function perfectly. I love them since you make your software very minimalist.

Regarding the Connection Monitor function, it has many useful options with the "hidden" menu (Ctrl + O), which allow it to be permanently activated in the background, which is perfect for monitoring whether or not I have the Internet.

But what is missing for me is an audible alert, when the pings do not find access to the Internet. In the image attached is an example that you could add.

Your time is appreciated.
Attachments:
open | download – NetWorx - Settings - Visual and Sound alert Connection Monitor - Offline.jpg (44.2 KB)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature suggestion: "Keep Alive" option   26 September 2019, 14:26

That's a good idea, but instead we have added a new setting in the Connection Monitor. You can download the new build here.

SoftPerfect support forum

Re: Feature suggestion: "Keep Alive" option   27 September 2019, 06:40

Thanks Andrew. Great improvement!
Now I can sleep or do other activities, and when the Internet goes down because of the Internet service provider, I will know immediately.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.