NetworX Security Alarm Help

Started by Atom

Atom

NetworX Security Alarm Help   14 September 2020, 04:48

We bought this house 1 year ago, but did not try to activate or use the NetworX NX-8E/NX-148E security system. Recently, I accidentally armed the system, and now I can't figure out what to do. I've disconnected the power. I got in touch with the previous owner, and they gave me the code, but it does not work.

I have never seen the "Type Code to Disarm" message before, even when the system is in alarm. If I power it up now, the armed light is red, the ready light is green, the fire light is red, and the power light is green. Not sure what to do. I called the installer, and it's $115 to come and reset the alarm code, but I suspect the problems are more than that.

Any ideas?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: NetworX Security Alarm Help   14 September 2020, 10:18

We are a software development company called SoftPerfect. We create software applications for network administrators, business professionals and home users, and we have no connection to security alarms or any other goods or services outside of the software development field.

NetWorx is the name of one of our software products, created almost 20 years ago for keeping track of Internet traffic usage. During those years, several companies and organisations around the world started using the word "networx" as their business name or as the name for their products, including the alarm system you are referring to. We have no affiliation with any of those companies, organisations or products, and therefore cannot assist with any matter relating to them. You will need to find the correct website/company/people and address your questions to them.

As our software applications are very popular, search engines like Google tend to place our site at the top of their search results. So if you were googling "NetworX alarms", you most likely saw a link to our site and ended up contacting us. If you become one of our users in the future and have any questions about our NetWorx, we will be glad to help.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.