StartAllBack crash when connecting to RDP session

Started by mackid1993

StartAllBack crash when connecting to RDP session   19 November 2023, 10:13

When connecting to my RDP session I'm running into some intermittent explorer crashes. When explorer comes back it appears Networx has crashed as well. I thought the crashes were related to StartAllBack and I provided the developer of that program a dump, but it turned out that the crash was in networx.dll. I think therefore the crashes may be related to Networx. Are there any logs I can provide to investigate?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: StartAllBack crash when connecting to RDP session   19 November 2023, 21:45

Unfortunately that's not something we could reproduce. But there is a couple of things you can try:

1) Quit NetWorx and delete networx.dll from the installation folder.

While this file assists with embedding the usage graph into the taskbar, it's an optional component. The taskbar graph will still work without the DLL with few minor side effects like occasional flicker.

or

2) Try turning off the taskbar graph in NetWorx settings. In this case the DLL will not be loaded and obviously no taskbar graph will be shown.

Re: StartAllBack crash when connecting to RDP session   20 November 2023, 00:25

The entire point of Networx to me is the taskbar graph. Can I provide you with the dmp file so perhaps you could see why it is crashing?

StartAllBack crash when connecting to RDP session - Fixed   20 November 2023, 09:12

The StartAllBack developer released an update that seemed to have fixed this from his end. Networx.dll was crashing, but evidentially it wasn't Networx that was the root cause. Sorry!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: StartAllBack crash when connecting to RDP session - Fixed   20 November 2023, 09:34

That's good to know! Please let us know if this issue arises again.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.