How to suppress the "try again?" prompt in Speed Meter

Started by Colin

Is there any way to keep the Speed Meter schedule running when the internet fails?

I'm trying to prove to my ISP that I am having problems, but when a speed test fails overnight, the testing stops after showing this message: "Last speed test was unsuccessful. Do you want to try again?"

SoftPerfect support forum

Thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to suppress the "try again?" prompt in Speed Meter   25 March 2024, 09:49

The solution is not to leave the Speed Meter window open overnight. In this case the tests will continue to run in the background, and if the window is not open, no messages will be displayed.
Thanks Andrew, hardy 'intuitive'smile but I'll give that a try.
Much better if it just said 'connection failed' or something in the Speed Meter results window and tried again at the next scheduled test time.
I assume that's not the case for Connection Monitor - it correctly showed the 'outage' at ~7.30am.
Just one of those niggles - like the panels not remembering it's desktop position when closed/opened.....
Ho hum....ok, yes, thumb up

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.