Remote File issue

Started by jeroen

jeroen

Remote File issue   05 January 2013, 02:15

I have just stumbled on NetScan and am testing some features... (using version 5.4.9/64-bit)
With regards to the 'remote file' issue, I'm trying the check the version of Flash, similar to the example with IEXPLORE on the web pages and have defined the following:

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil64_[11_5_502_135|11_5_502_110]_ActiveX.exe

It will only find the first defined variable option (in the above, 11_5_502_135) If I reverse the options, it will only find the 11_5_502_110. I understand that the example was substituting folders but a simple 'replace' in a path should work in the filename as well and appears to for the first defined variable.

Secondly, regardless of specifying 'file version' or 'product version' it returns the fileversion.
I have an exe (matlab.exe that has fileversion 1.0.0.1 and product version 7.14.0.334 when looking at the file properties) but it always returns 1.0.0.1. VBSCript I currently use to check these files returns the value correctly (stepping through the file properties array until finding 'product version' as the numerical value of the array member is different on XP, Vista, Win7)

Feature wise, it would be nice to able to use multiple variables in the string, e.g.

c:\windows[system32\syswow64]\Flash\FlashUtil[32|64]_[5_502_135|5_502_110]_ActiveX.exe
jeroen

Remote File... issue(?)   05 January 2013, 02:46

Note - I just realized a typo in the 'feature' suggestion (left out Macromed\) from the path
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Remote File... issue(?)   05 January 2013, 12:19

In your example, do both

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil64_11_5_502_135_ActiveX.exe
and
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil64_11_5_502_110_ActiveX.exe
exist?

If so, this is the correct behaviour as the application looks for the first existing match and does not process the remaining combinations. Also, it's possible to specify several conditional parts with [...] but they must not be nested.

In your case if you want too see what versions of Flash are there, use:

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil64_*_ActiveX.exe

We have fixed reading the product version in the latest build.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.