Feature request: removing a batch of PC's from a scan list

Started by john8oy

Feature request: removing a batch of PC's from a scan list   20 May 2013, 20:16

Hi,
It would be a nice feature if you could right click and remove a batch of PC's from a scan list.
For example, I have a scan list saved of PC's that need a windows hotfix applying. When a PC comes online, I run a psexec to apply the hotfix. I'd then like to remove that PC from the scan list and re-save it. I'm then not duplicating admin.
Rgds
John

Feature Request   20 May 2013, 20:22

Ignore that, just noticed there is an option to "Delete from list" !! must be going blind! lol
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Feature Request   20 May 2013, 20:55

No worries smile

Feature Request   24 May 2013, 00:03

While I'm on,
Another good feature would be, when you load a Bookmark, it would be good if the loaded Bookmark name displayed on the Title bar. Also it would be good if Netscan cached your last 5 or so scans so you could switch back and forth, a bit like a web browser, Displaying the Bookmark name if available.

Cheers
John

Re: Feature Request   08 October 2013, 22:04

Any chace of considering these on you next Build andrew? Cheers

john8oy

While I'm on,
Another good feature would be, when you load a Bookmark, it would be good if the loaded Bookmark name displayed on the Title bar. Also it would be good if Netscan cached your last 5 or so scans so you could switch back and forth, a bit like a web browser, Displaying the Bookmark name if available.

Cheers
John

SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature Request   14 October 2013, 20:29

Well, for example if I add showing the last selected bookmark name in the title bar, when is it supposed to disappear? When you select another one? Or may be when IP address ranges are changed, or?

Re: Feature Request   15 October 2013, 01:34

Yes if one digit is manually changed in the range, then the bookmark name disappears?

Re: Feature Request   15 October 2013, 03:31

Maybe add another line below the ready | threads .. | scan with the last selection? Could be informational for; book marks, ip scan, etc. etc. much better than more information in the bar. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: with the ability to turn it on or off (the added line of information that is).

Re: Feature Request   15 October 2013, 04:52

When I suggest netscan caches last 5 scans or so, I mean the actual scan results, so you can go back/forth historically, maybe storing the data in %tmp%. Useful as in the end of a day when hosts may be switched off, you can still recall hosts scanned earlier for any reason, maybe to wake them back up etc, or just for speed to save rescanning a network range.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.