Incorrect handling of default parameters at user prompt

Started by rmpf2

Hi Andrew, when I try the following statement:

cmd /k %Nircmd64_VAR remote copy \\%0 shortcut {Enter Exe File Path:c:\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe} {Enter Shortcut Path:~$folder.common_desktop$} {Enter Shortcut Name:FirefoxPortable}:

this is what I found in the Ask for parameter window:

c=\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe

instead of

c:\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe

I know is because the double : ( {Enter Exe File Path:c:) but I can't use "" here.

Sorry but I don't remember if you have something defined for this kind of situation. Thanks.
Also, I'd like to know if is possible to use the ns variables on a remote file definition???

Like the following statement:

Item Name: FirefoxPortable Shortcut
Full File Name: c:\Users[ComputerSystem_User Online]\Desktop\FirefoxPortable.lnk
Property: File Size

Being [ComputerSystem_User Online] one of my columns on NS that show the online user or logged user.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Incorrect handling of default parameters at user prompt   03 May 2014, 14:24

rmpf2

this is what I found in the Ask for parameter window.
c=\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe
instead of
c:\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe

That's a bug in the parser. The latest build should resolve this issue.

rmpf2

Also, I'd like to know if is possible to use the ns variables on a remote file definition???
Like the following statement:
Item Name: FirefoxPortable Shortcut
Full File Name: c:\Users[ComputerSystem_User Online]\Desktop\FirefoxPortable.lnk
Property: File Size

It's not possible at the moment. Although it sounds like an interesting idea to implement referencing other columns, practically we would have to run scans in a certain order, e.g. WMI or Logged on User before Remote Files. Things become even more complex when two columns refer to each other, say a WMI query has a variable from Remote Files and vice versa. So far I am not sure how to implement this nicely.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.