Running portable Network Scanner from USB (licence question)

Started by Jose

I want to make sure I understand the licenses. If I purchase one license, can I install that license onto a USB flash drive and run NetScanner on unlimited computers from that one USB? Or will it be limited to one network, or it does not matter?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Running portable Network Scanner from USB (licence question)   22 March 2018, 13:07

Yes, you can install our Network Scanner on a USB stick and use it whenever and wherever you need. The most common scenario is when a technician visits the customers and runs the software from his/her USB stick on different computers as required. For this scenario we recommend to use the portable version as it keeps all its settings in the same folder and is designed to be run from a USB stick.

This only requires one licence, as you are the only person who uses the software by running it from one device (your USB stick).

Re: Running portable Network Scanner from USB (licence question)   24 March 2018, 07:30

I have a question. In the portable version, will it update to a new version when one is available?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Running portable Network Scanner from USB (licence question)   24 March 2018, 10:03

It does not update by itself without asking you first. For example, the free update period might have expired, so the program notifies the user and lets them decide.
If the automatic check for updates is enabled, it will let you know that a new version is available. Then, if you wish, you can download it and update to the new version by replacing its files on USB.

Re: Running portable Network Scanner from USB (licence question)   26 March 2018, 07:52

Ok, so the update will download the installable version and then you copy files from that to the USB drive to update it, right?
I'm asking because if I'm in the field and all I have is the USB drive, it won't update any of the files on the USB drive itself, right? I need to do that somehow.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Running portable Network Scanner from USB (licence question)   26 March 2018, 08:05

You would normally have the portable version on a USB stick, not the installed one.

So simply download the new portable version from the Network Scanner home page via Windows Portable button and unzip the files onto your USB drive. It's as easy as that wink

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.