How to access details of remote computers with WMI

Started by Leon V

I purchased Network Scanner (business licence). I'm unable to get info on OS, RAM size, Computer Model, Serial Number, etc. For the CPU Make/Model it says it failed to connect or log in. For RAM Size, Computer Model, Serial Number it shows results only for the laptop the Scanner is installed on. Can you help me to figure out what I am doing wrong?
Also if you could tell me what the correct syntax is for the user in the Credential Manager, that would be great.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to access details of remote computers with WMI   05 May 2018, 18:19

If you are using WMI to access these details, domainname\username is the correct credential syntax to use.

However there can be a number of reasons why WMI connectivity is not operational. There is a built-in tool called wbemtest that you can use to establish a WMI connection to one of your computers. Please see this article for details.

Most likely wbemtest will fail as well, in which case please see these Microsoft guidelines on how to enable WMI access. Once wbemtest has started to work, the Network Scanner should be able to connect too and displays all the details.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.