Cannot map network drives (no plus sign next to the drives)

Started by Darren

I am having difficulties mapping the network drives for my two Dune players as they don't have a plus sign (+) next to them. I previously was able to that and the plus sign was there, but no longer.
In fact, I'm unable to access any item through the IP addresses. Any ideas please?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Cannot map network drives (no plus sign next to the drives)   03 November 2018, 22:36

There can be a few reasons why there is no [+] shown next to the devices:
  • Shared folder discovery is not enabled. Open the Shares tab in Options and check Scan for shared resources.
  • The devices may not have any folders shared, or your user account doesn't have sufficient rights to access them. You can check that by typing the folloving line in a command prompt, replacing x.x.x.x with the target IP address:
      net view \\x.x.x.x  
  • If the above "net view" succeeds, there may be a firewall blocking the Network Scanner from accessing the network. If it fails, it may provide error codes for further investigation.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.