SoftPerfect Network Scanner

Displaying different types of devices in different windows/views

Started by Nigel

Hello,

Network Scanner looks like a great product and I would perhaps like to use it on my home network.
I am wondering if it is possible to group various devices (like different types of Favorites), where I could display selected equipment such as Desktops, Servers, IP Cameras, Smart Devices and look at all those devices in their own separate windows/views.

Many thanks,
Nigel
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Displaying different types of devices in different windows/views   18 December 2018, 10:16

While there isn't a view concept, Network Scanner has a set of filters you could use.

For example, you could tag (assign friendly names to) your devices, e.g. DESKTOP, SERVER, CAMERA and so on. Then you would be able to quickly filter what's displayed via menu View - Setup Filter. In addition, you will be able to mark some filters as your favourites and quickly apply them from View - Quick Host Filter menu.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.