Hide hostname resolution message box via command prompt

Started by Yedrald Valerin

Yedrald Valerin

Hide hostname resolution message box via command prompt   22 August 2019, 13:53

Hi!

I'm trying to automate some processes, so I'm running netscan via command prompt. I'm using a list of hostnames, which netscan asks me if I want to resolve. I need to run the app without human interaction. Is there some way to hide or accept this message?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Hide hostname resolution message box via command prompt   22 August 2019, 21:25

Yes, we have just modified the application so it doesn't display that prompt when the /file command line parameter is used. You can download the latest preliminary build here.
Yedrald Valerin

Re: Hide hostname resolution message box via command prompt   29 August 2019, 04:07

Actually, this version worked, but I'm still getting a prompt saying that some hostnames has been discarded, and asking if I wanna save that information. Is there any switch to get rid of that prompt?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Hide hostname resolution message box via command prompt   29 August 2019, 15:01

It is supposed to serve as a warning that some names may be invalid or something else is wrong.

At the same time, you are right, it doesn't make sense to display that message when running from a batch file or script. We have just uploaded new builds where the message about discarded names is not shown when the /file switch is used.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.