Entry Point Not Found (api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll)

Started by Lorne

I get "entry point" error and wonder it that can be resolved. Perhaps you could tell me which version of Visual Studio C++ for Windows 7 64 bit is necessary.

I have no problem at all in Windows XP, even Windows 98 and many former installs of Windows 7 64 bit, until this last install of Windows 7 64 bit.

It starts out with entry point error, which repeats multiple times with endless pop-ups, then finally does load and even has the new ability to force stop scanning. But when I try to exit, it produces access violation errors which Windows task manager can't kill by using "end process". I have to go to processes, then kill.

Also, I have a copy of Windows 7 32 bit in Oracle Virtualbox, and it loads netscan.exe with no problem at all, and it doesn't even have any Visual Studio C++.

The errors:

netscan.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.

Network Scanner

Argument out of range.

Network Scanner

Access violation at address 00000000009BF4FC in module 'netsacn.exe'. Read of access 0000000000000000.

SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Entry Point Not Found (api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll)   02 September 2019, 11:24

Our Network Scanner is not written in C++ and has no run-time dependencies. In fact, it doesn't depend on anything other than the standard system DLLs, and wpcap.dll for WinPCap packet capture used only in certain features.

The issue you describe is a very infrequent one. I can recommend the following to resolve it:

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.