Opening shares from Credential Manager

Started by renders

Opening shares from Credential Manager   11 March 2022, 06:47

Hello. I am trying to connect to Windows shares from within Network Scanner. I have added several user/password combos within the Credential Manager and have changed the Workstation Authentication option to Specific account, and Try all Login-Password pairs.

When I attempt to open the Windows share, I am prompted by Windows for credentials. If I enter an appropriate user/password combo manually, I see the share contents.

I am running Win10 21h2 on a Windows 2016 domain and using the latest version of Network Scanner.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Opening shares from Credential Manager   11 March 2022, 10:28

Any credentials added under the Credential Manager are used for scanning, i.e. enumerating shares and checking their status.

When you open a share from the Network Scanner app, it simply launches Windows Explorer to open that share. Since Windows Explorer is unauthenticated, you see the credentials prompt.

As far as I know there is no way to pass a user name and password to Windows Explorer to access a share.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.