Order of columns

Started by rmpf2

rmpf2

Order of columns   06 March 2024, 23:57

Just to let you know about the difficulties of inserting new preview configurated columns. I don't know if it happens with all types of columns, like Remote Registry, Remote Services, Remote Files, etc...

In my case I did test to add a Remote WMI column to discover SystemEnclosure_ChassisTypes information and it was inserted but, in a position, where other columns are misplaced. So I have to reorganize everything again.

Example:

Lets say I have the following layout:
1) Host name
2) MAC Address
3) mail (Remote Scripting)
4) User Online (Remote WMI)
5) Product Version (Remote File)
10) Schedule (Remote Service)
11) TCPIPPrinter Port (Remote WMI)
12) Last Scan
13) Last Seen

And I include a new one for System Enclosure Chassis Type, (Depending on Remote WMI Columns Order) this is what might happen:
1) Host name
2) MAC Address
3) mail (Remote Scripting)

5) Product Version (Remote File)
4) User Online (Remote WMI)
10) Schedule (Remote Service)
14) SystemEnclosure_ChassisTypes
12) Last Scan
13) Last Seen
11) TCPIPPrinter Port (Remote WMI)
Thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Order of columns   07 March 2024, 09:11

This issue likely arose because you previously installed a snapshot build that incorrectly inserted a new column in the middle. Subsequently, you rearranged the columns to accommodate that build. However, in newer builds, we had to move the column from the middle to the end to prevent disrupting users' column setups. We apologise for the inconvenience, but you may need to rearrange the columns again.
rmpf2

Re: Order of columns   07 March 2024, 10:56

Hi Andrew.

I am referring to something that is happening before, not just with this last build. In addition, with the last fix build I did not rearrange but use an old configuration backup.

If an end user creates a new Remote WMI it get inserted at the end, assuming no sort has been made. But if he chose to include and already made it get inserted and messes up the rest.

I have done this test with previews builds obtaining the same result.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Order of columns   07 March 2024, 11:07

Is this something you can reproduce with a blank config? If so, please provide step-by-step instructions to reproduce this issue.
rmpf2

Re: Order of columns   07 March 2024, 11:15

Ok. Tomorrow I would try to do some tests with new blank config to see what happens. Thank you.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.