RAM Disk won't show in explorer

Started by werty316

RAM Disk won't show in explorer   17 November 2013, 17:50

I've been using 3.3.3 for a while and I noticed there was a newer version (3.4.3) however I am having an issue with it after installing it. After I unmounted the ramdisk & uninstalled 3.3.3 and installled 3.4.3 the ramdisk does not show in Windows Explorer even though RAM Disk shows a mounted disk. The ramdisk shows after I remount it though.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: RAM Disk won't show in explorer   17 November 2013, 18:53

On what version of Windows? Global drive letters for RAM volumes turned on in the global settings?

Re: RAM Disk won't show in explorer   18 November 2013, 10:59

A fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit. All settings are checked off so yes Global drive letters for RAM volumes is turned on in the global settings.

I initally made an 8,000 MB ramdisk and sure enough the ramdisk was there upon Windows booting up. I then increased the size of the ramdisk to 30,000 MB and the ramdisk did not show when Windows finished booting.
I did some testing and it seems that having a ramdisk larger than 15,599 MB does not show up upon Windows booting.

I will revert back to 3.3.3 in the mean time.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.