Volatility persistence

Started by mark

mark

Volatility persistence   30 July 2014, 00:37

Windows 8.1 does not allow me to change the fast startup option. As a result the ramdisk information persists. SoftPerfect promised an upgrade to cure this but I don't see any reference to an updated Ram disk.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Volatility persistence   30 July 2014, 22:54

Not sure what you mean by saying it doesn't allow you to change it. Open an admin command prompt and type:
powercfg /h off
Mark

Re: Volatility persistence   31 July 2014, 02:26

Dear Andrew,

While I have some practice using Terminal on a Mac, I have none on a Windows machine. This machine, which was configured for me by a technician at my school and he did not give me administrative powers in Terminal but I will write and ask him if I can have them. I assume that the command has to be carried out in Terminal and that Soft Perfect has not changed the fast start-up problem. When I go to fast start-up in Windows I am blocked there too.

Mark
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Volatility persistence   31 July 2014, 11:25

Hi Mark,in this case I'd probably recommend to speak to the technician who could execute this command and disable hibernation and fast boot. Hope this helps.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.