RAM Disk image gone

Started by Joe

Joe

RAM Disk image gone   30 January 2016, 23:36

Hello,

I am new user of Ramdisk, working with free version - 1GB - for faster Browsing, I have installed Opera Browser on created - E / Flash Driver - 1024 MB
It was working fine 4 / 5 Days , but today it's not finding - loading the Romdisk.img file and I can't open any softwares, cause it's missing linked E/ - hard disk - where all was installed!

Where did it all go? Rom Disk Image File?
Actually, all was loading automatically, perfect!

On Ramdisk Option, there is telling a back up file, is created!
I can creat just a new Romdisk.Image. File and can lunch a - E/ Flash Driver, but without my data Programms - E/ Flash Driver is empty now!!

Where did my data go? Is there a Way? Finding Rom Disk.img as Back up?

Grateful for Answer!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: RAM Disk image gone   31 January 2016, 00:30

Sorry it's not clear what you are asking.

Assuming you had a 1 GB image-backed RAM Disk assigned to drive E: where you kept your programs, I am afraid there's no way to know what happened to it.

Check the location where you saved it, but if it's not there, perhaps it was somehow deleted, in which case recovery isn't possible.

Additionally, there's no point in storing Opera on a RAM Disk and save all that stuff to an image. Instead, install the browser normally and then redirect its cache folder to a volatile (without image file) RAM Disk. Instructions for major browsers can be found here.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.