Printing from Office 2016

Started by Hrvoje

Hrvoje

Printing from Office 2016   07 May 2019, 13:30

Hello,

I am using RAM Disk v4.0.8. There is one issue I came across. After moving TEMP folder to RAM Disk, printing won't work anymore in certain programs. I am unable to print from any Office 2016 application and it is not possible to print a Windows test page. Printing in other programs, like Adobe PDF, AutoCAD and Notepad, works fine.

I found out that after moving TEMP folder to RAMDisk with NTFS file system, permissions of TEMP folder are causing these print issues. To solve the permissions conflict, I changed file system of RAMDisk to exFAT. Although you may know about that, I wanted to point that issue out.
I am using the latest Windows 10 1809.

Kind regards,
Hrvoje
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Printing from Office 2016   07 May 2019, 13:34

Thank you for reporting this issue and suggesting a workaround. We will add this information to our Nnowledge Base if similar issues are reported again by other users.

In general, we recommend using exFAT as a more lightweight and faster file system as well. Here is a bit more on choosing a file system for a RAM disk.

Once again, thank you for letting us know.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.