How to suppress the "Force dismount?" warning

Started by serega

How to suppress the "Force dismount?" warning   25 February 2024, 10:35

If the TEMP folder is placed on a RAM disk because it is filled with unnecessary files, it must be cleared very often. Especially when testing software. This can be quickly done via "Umount". However, it causes the "Unable to dismount volume X. Perhaps it contains open files or is locked. Force dismount?" warning to be displayed each time.

Please add a "don't show again" checkbox for those who have already read that warning and are willing to take full responsibility for their own actions.

Thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to suppress the "Force dismount?" warning   26 February 2024, 11:31

The command line switch /force defaults to forcing operations.

Simply launch regedit.exe and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

There, you will find an entry that launches the RAM Disk app at every boot. Add the /force switch and reboot your system. The "volume is locked" window should no longer appear.
"C:\Program Files\SoftPerfect RAM Disk\ramdisk.exe" /hide /force

Re: How to suppress the "Force dismount?" warning   28 February 2024, 21:36

Thank you, am I very satisfied! That's exactly how it turned out -- no warning. I understand that you will not remove the warning completely. I confirm that it is necessary -- sometimes even just because one can just miss the program interface and accidentally press the next button with fatal consequences. But I also expect that I will have a choice -- to read warnings just once wink

Hint: The Thunderbird program has an interface scale. To reduce the chance of accidentally press the next button.
Thanks

Your normal scale is fine.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.