Packet manipulation chart and network flow graph are empty

Started by Fran

We are running the Connection Emulator on one of our devices with Win10 32 bits. We have upgraded it from v1.5 to v1.8, and noticed that before we were able to see the graphs (bits/s and the timeframes) at the bottom as soon as we start the emulation. Now, for some reason, we cannot see the graph at the bottom. The packet manipulation chart area and the network flow graph area are just empty. Is this a bug? How can we make sure that it is actually running?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Packet manipulation chart and network flow graph are empty   31 July 2020, 10:51

It sounds like you have a filter enabled. Perhaps, the current connections don't match the filter?

The graph only shows what matched the filter and was processed rather than just forwarded.
I'm having the same problem. I tried reinstalling the application three times and when I start the simulation, the graphs just stay on zero.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Packet manipulation chart and network flow graph are empty   04 September 2020, 13:23

In addition to checking the filter (see above) please make sure you have the correct network interface selected in the drop-down box.

A typical PC has multiple network connections, so it's likely you are starting the emulation not on the interface the traffic flows through.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.