Specify transmission modification for outgoing or incoming traffic only

Started by Hardy

I want to specify packet latency, loss, corruption, or any other feature for a specific traffic direction. For example, I want to specify packet loss for outgoing and latency for incoming. Is that possible?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Specify transmission modification for outgoing or incoming traffic only   01 November 2021, 11:33

No, I am afraid that's not possible. You can set corruption and/or loss in one or both directions, but not loss in one direction and corruption in another. I.e. the traffic direction setting affects all modifications in the same way.
So does the "incoming" and "outgoing" options under the Transfer tab affect all features or just the speed limit?
For example if I put speed limit "unlimited" and traffic direction "outgoing" and packet lost at 100% or any other feature, only the outgoing packets are going to be lost, right?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Specify transmission modification for outgoing or incoming traffic only   01 November 2021, 11:50

The Incoming and Outgoing options under the Transfer tab affect all features, not just the speed limit. So you can simulate one-way latency and/or loss if needed.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.