"Invalid #0 character" error on starting up

Started by Jess

Jess

"Invalid #0 character" error on starting up   03 January 2022, 02:41

Started program and got "Invalid #0 character" error. Thought it was due to outdated version. Now using 2.1.5 and registered single user. Works fine, and i got it all set up with my settings. But when it starts up again, I get the same error and all my setting are defaulted. Including entering the registration key. Does this when computer restarts, or when I start up the program. Please help. Thank you.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: "Invalid #0 character" error on starting up   03 January 2022, 10:55

It sounds like your configuration file has been damaged. Please try the following:
  1. Close WiFi Guard via File - Quit in the main menu. Don't use the [X] button as it will only minimise the application.
  2. Press Win + R and enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\WiFi Guard. This will open WiFi Guard's settings folder.
  3. Delete everything from that folder, start WiFi Guard again and enter your licence key.
After this, all settings should revert to their defaults and a new configuration file will be created.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.