How to remove Taskbar Extension

Started by Barbara

Barbara

How to remove Taskbar Extension   23 April 2020, 10:56

I installed NetGenius about a month ago, and at the time I selected to install its Taskbar Extension as well. Now, after using it for some time, I concluded that I very much like NetGenius, but don't really use the Extension. My laptop screen is quite small, so the Extension is just taking extra space there.

Is there a way to remove the Extension? I mean, besides uninstalling NetGenius, and then installing it again with the Taskbar Extension option unchecked.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: How to remove Taskbar Extension   23 April 2020, 11:13

There are two ways to remove the Taskbar Extension without reinstalling NetGenius:
  • The easiest way is to hide it by right-clicking the taskbar, selecting Toolbars, and then unchecking NetGenius Extension. Windows Explorer will off-load the inactive Extension, and it will not be loaded in the future, unless you enable it again.
  • If you are familiar with the Command Prompt, you can manually de-register it. For that, open cmd.exe with administrator privileges and type
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\NetGenius\NMBand.dll"
    (or whatever path you chose for NetGenius during its installation). After you hit Enter, you should get a message saying "DllUnregisterServer in C:\Program Files\NetGenius\NMBand.dll succeeded" and the Extension should disappear from your taskbar.
Barbara

Re: How to remove Taskbar Extension   23 April 2020, 11:21

Done smile
Thank you!

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.