Feature request: Quota exceeded

Started by Tony

Tony

Feature request: Quota exceeded   25 March 2015, 15:33

Does this idea appeal?

I have users on different quotas. E.g. a 50GB a month plan. If they exceed the 50GB, I sell them more, say another 10G for the month. So I remember that I have extended the quota on a short term basis, I have a plan called 50+10GB and another 50+20GB. Also 80+10GB etc etc.

Is it possible to add a field somewhere that adds x amount of bandwidth on a temporary basis that disappears at the end of the month?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: Quota exceeded   25 March 2015, 16:28

Yes, I guess it sounds good to make it possible to bump up a quota within the current period. I'll check for the best way to implement it and get back to you.
Adam

Re: Feature request: Quota exceeded   27 March 2015, 02:45

Tony,

This is exactly what I was thinking of today. This would be handy if this could be implemented.

Andrew,

I’ll just add, it would be good if the "Quota type" field in the web stats would reflect the quota addition, ie 50GB P/M (plus the extra added 10GB) - displays "60GB" so the user can keep up to date.

Just to add, perhaps an email notification type can be added (just like how the current system handles email notifications) that would email the user stating you have an additional MB/GB etc. added for the remainder for the hour/day/month etc. Just would help keep users informed.

Re: Feature request: Quota exceeded   17 April 2015, 13:01

Good news guys, we have added the feature you requested. It's called Quota Boost.
Please download the new build and let me know how it works for you.

Now there's an additional tab in the rule properties

SoftPerfect support forum

You can also have an e-mail sent whenever a boost is added. Simply add a new notification

then activate it for the rule

The added boost(s) are reflected both in the Quota tab and the web-reports.
Tony

Re: Feature request: Quota exceeded   18 April 2015, 07:16

Andrew it looks good. It isn't clear to me if it automatically resets at the end of the quota period, or if it is permanent.

Re: Feature request: Quota exceeded   18 April 2015, 20:58

It automatically resets (expires) at the end of the quota period. The only exception is an indefinite quota in which case it's permanent because the period never ends.
Tony

Re: Feature request: Quota exceeded   19 April 2015, 07:45

Perfect, thanks for that.

Re: Feature request: Quota exceeded   19 April 2015, 12:36

The manual has been updated to describe the new feature.
Adam

Re: Feature request: Quota exceeded   19 April 2015, 19:07

Hi Andrew,

Works well! Thanks smile

PS - During testing I found out that the "Reset Quota" email notification doesn't appear to trigger when any of the quotas auto reset. I remember they used to work. I don't believe this update is related.

Adam.

Re: Feature request: Quota exceeded   19 April 2015, 21:21

It only appears when the transfer rate was also affected (for example if a quota went from Unlimited to Blocked and later from Blocked back to Unlimited). If the transfer rate doesn't change, no email gets sent. That's just the way the notifications are currently implemented.
Adam

Re: Feature request: Quota exceeded   19 April 2015, 23:12

Ah right, that would explain it.

So you need both a transfer rate change + quota reset to occur simultaneously to trigger the "Quota Reset" email.

I know there is a "Transfer rate limit changed" email type also. I figured it would send a "Quota Reset" email whenever the quota would be reset. All good.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.