Toggle to switch upload / download with SNMP and other stuff

Started by gogusrl

Toggle to switch upload / download with SNMP and other stuff   03 March 2013, 23:42

With router SNMP monitoring, the upload and download tabs are switched. I know they're technically correct, but I'm way to used to download representing download to adapt to something like this. Could you maybe add a toggle to switch them around ?

Also, I'd like more customization of the Desk Bar. If I disable the graph on it, the numeric display won't strech to cover everything and an option to increase font size would be great as well.

Toggle to switch upload / download with SNMP and other stuff   04 March 2013, 01:42

upload and download tabs are switched.

What tabs?

I use SNMP and the reported traffic is correct for both up and down, in the graph and the reports.

Maybe your router is passing the data 'switched' as far as what is normally expected by Networx.

J

Toggle to switch upload / download with SNMP and other stuff   04 March 2013, 01:48

They work ok if you monitor your external interface, but not if you monitor your internal one. Think about it, what you're downloading on your computer, the lan interface is uploading to you. When you're uploading stuff, that interface is downloading from you and uploading to the external one.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Toggle to switch upload / download with SNMP and other stuff   04 March 2013, 08:26

I have added a new setting to allow you to swap RX and TX.

Download a fresh copy here. Then go to the hidden settings and toggle 'Swap uploads and downloads'.

Toggle to switch upload / download with SNMP and other stuff   04 March 2013, 16:24

Thanks for this, I never imagined you were going to fix this so fast. Keep up the good work.

Now it's time to try my luck with a big feature request. I've been using for years this little program to monitor my line quality ( http://www.1014.org/code/nullsoft/netmon/ ). Is it possible to integrate a function like this in Networx ?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Toggle to switch upload / download with SNMP and other stuff   04 March 2013, 18:14

Yes, I have been asked this several time already.

Now planning to add a line monitor, similar to the app you are referring to, that could chart ping times, log line outages and uptime.

Another major feature I'd like to add is monitoring per application, that is how much data each application consumes.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.