monitor all devices using wireless broadband

Started by BMG

BMG

monitor all devices using wireless broadband   08 March 2013, 12:59

Hi
I have just downloaded Networx and would like to monitor all data use ( just received a couple of bills with nasty excess data costs!!)
I have a NetComm n150 router and I get an error message "...router probably does not support SNMP " when I tried to setup as" monitor router rather than this computer".
I only access the the internet through the router via a wireless connection for my laptop and other portable devices(android phones and tablet) .
Will selecting monitor "all wireless connections" give me accurate real time data usage of my wireless broadband account?
Do I need to download the mobile Networx program to my portable devices or just select synchronise usage data or both?
many thanks for taking the time to help
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

monitor all devices using wireless broadband   09 March 2013, 00:11

With NetWorx you basically have got two options:

1. Install NetWorx on every computer on your network. This can only be done if all your computers are running Windows. While NetWorx can only monitor traffic on the computer where it is installed, instances of NetWorx can talk to each other so that each instance is synchronised and shows the actual overall usage.

The synchronisation needs to be turned on in the advanced options.

2. If your router supports so called SNMP protocol, you can monitor all traffic via your router. This however will not give you a per-user usage breakdown and the monitoring computer must be continuously on to poll the router and collect usage data. Check your router's documentation with regards to SNMP support.

Hope this helps.
bilal

monitor all devices using wireless broadband   10 March 2013, 13:37

hi i had a similar question, before reaching here i hav emailed to u, why its malfuctioning when its selected for ''All Connections''? some time it shows defferent downlod data rate too than graphical representation.. i checked several time. on Graph 600kb/s and on bottom D 34M.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

monitor all devices using wireless broadband   10 March 2013, 19:01

When you choose to monitor all traffic on all network interfaces, possibly including local traffic or multiple adapters including virtual and dial-up ones and sums it all up. This may lead to excessive download readings.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.