Belkin N300 Router

Started by Dave Rogers

Dave Rogers

Belkin N300 Router   19 May 2013, 04:52

I have a Belkin N300 router and I have set up a SNMP Virtual Server on port 161 and with the IP address of 192.168.2.44. I put the address into the NetWorx window but when I click the WAN Interface it comes up blank. I have read that the router community and the NetWorx community ("public") must be the same, I know how to change the NetWorx one, but are you talking about the SSID of the router or what?

I added the 161 port onto my firewall so that it wouldn't block anything. I think I set it up correctly.

The router has the capabilities of setting up a SNMP Vitural Server and a SNMP Trap Virtual Server. Will either of these allow me to monitor the data traffic between the router and my devices?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Belkin N300 Router   19 May 2013, 12:46

The community is like a password in SNMP. If the community ("password") in a request matches the community set in the router, the router would respond. Otherwise it would not.

SNMP Virtual Server should work okay, and there should be a setting called community or read community somewhere in the SNMP Virtual Server's settings in your router. Perhaps if you post here some screen shots of your router's SNMP-related settings, it would help.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.